mongoose end can hangs too low!!!

A

Anonymous

hey,
kinda thought that the 5" end can on the goose on my car was sitting too low, nearly an inch down from the top arch, at first i thought this was normal till i recently saw some pics of other 5" goose end tanks on gtirs and they seem to fit snug with nearly no gap between the arch and the endcan.... so for those who have the goose that fits perfectly did you replace the rubber holder things or what....
hope it can be fixed cause it looks really shittie...
thanks.. Luke..

coxie

my car had the same problem until the rear hangers were sorted out because they were all bent out of shape. :!:

timmy

Mine went on with the original rubbers and fits perfectly. Maybe the fixings on the bottom of your car are bent.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Mine went on fine too, once I'd turned the hanger through 180degs. Check your hanger and rubber are ok, also that the tailpipe desn't just need loosening off abit and rotating slightly.

T

TOMI GTI-R

Mate i had a 3.5inc inward rolled can on the end of mine,wanted something bigger so i had that cut off and a 4.0in pipe welded on looks and sounds 10 times better, but the trouble i had was getting it looking straight when i put the rear section back on the rest! just had to keep twisting the joint til it looked rite and being a fussy bast**d it took hours! :)

A

Anonymous

had a look under there and it seems the can is on the way it should be, but the exhaust shop must have welded it onto the main pipe or used an exhaust glue stuff, so i might take it back and get them to bend the hagers, they seem to hang to low.. but all seems pretty solid, as without using a great amount of force you cant budge the pipe up to fill the arch like it should.
thanks luke....

T

TOMI GTI-R

Just get them to release the exhaust clamp m8 and twist it at the joint, trust me mine looked ok at the joint but would have been better as a leaf blower :D