Looking for GTI-R owners in my area!

J

joker5060

Are there any Pulsar/Sunny owners in the U.S.A.? Im about to get one from a guy in California and I live in South Carolina. Just wondering if there was anyone as crazy as me to try and own one in the states..... :D

JIMMYBACK

there are only a couple floating about in the states but i forgot there user names.....i believe there a guy who lives in new york 8)

bengilmore

JIMMYBACK said:
there are only a couple floating about in the states but i forgot there user names.....i believe there a guy who lives in new york 8)
I think his username is Celm :? not 100% sure though

1SLOMOFO

first of all owning a GTI-R is going to be real hard in the states, and if you was to move to SoCal it is DEFINETELY not going to pass the emissions restrictions, I used to live in North Carolina in Raleigh, and I can tell you bringing a GTI-R is going to be a long lengthy and a not worth while project unless you absolutely HAVE to do it! Unless you're a dual citizen of Japan or England or whatever country you are thinking about importing the car from, then you can ignore how hard it is going to be. Generally that isn't the case nowadays so let me tell you how a standard US citizen can get ahold of a Pulsar GTI-R, first off you'll need to find someone from your importing country to dismantle the Pulsar, meaning motor out the car, doors off, seats out, then ship it in a container, declear it as PARTS, after getting the car into the country there is a few different ways to legalise it, put it back together and register it as a kit car in which you'll need to go through emissions, then go to your local DMV and get a alternate VIN card to pin on your dash or show somewhere on your front windshield, second you can always buy a Nissan Sentra out there and just take the VINs from that car and put it on the pulsar, which is going to be illegal, or third you can always bring the car here in one peice and let Motorex deal with everything, but I doubt they can help you as they're being sued for money laundering right now! Good luck in bringing a Pulsar in, as the SR20DET motor has not passed US emissions and the only way the 240SX boys can get them is via a motor swap taken from a JDM front clip silvia. If you want more info on how to bring the Pulsar over then you can talk to PSI Motorsports which is located in Charlotte, talk to Carter 704 531 3322 and tell him brittish George sent you. He'd mostly tell you the same thing I did though, if you want to spend over $2800 on customs and excise then you might as well go for a R32 GTR, hope this info helps and I am sorry if I come off as a d1ck but I just say things as I see it.

George

J

joker5060

Thanks I guess? The car is currently sitting in my driveway (in one, running piece) and I'm about 5 minutes away from having it legalized in South Carolina. South Carolina has no emissions laws. I've been a good little yank and done my research for the past month on legalizing it.

Anyways, wasn't the topic of this thread "Looking for GTI-R owners in my area?"

1SLOMOFO

not intended to sound harsh though man, hope ya didn't take it the wrong way. Where abouts SC are you? I frequent the states alot and whenever I am at the states I am always in NC, whenever I get the chance I'd always drive down to the Myrtle Beach area, would love to meet up, my next planned trip won't be till bout spring break, over there I am not a GTI-R owner but more rather a F-body owner! Lets see some pics mate, would love too see a GTI-R in the states and I dunno if this helps but I do know 2 Skyline owners in the states, one of em is a R32 GTS-4 in SC and the other is a R32GTR V-Spec in Raleigh NC, I am sure I can introduce the guys to you and come up with a meet. Also I suggest on posting up on www.horsepowerjunkies.com I am there on the same screen name as here, it's a local Carolina board, that might help you in you search and quest too. Good luck.

George