Looking for a (really) cheap GTI-R

G

GTI-R Kid

As per title really. Have a budget of about £1200. Not a lot I know, but then we're not looking for a minter. ;-)

Colour and body condition not really that important (once it isn't bad enough that it'd be illegal to drive). Only real criteria are that the engine, gearbox and wiring are all in good nick. And that it'd be ok to drive back to Ireland. Aside from that mods and all the rest are of little importance - if it has them then great, if not then we don't mind.

Essentially looking for a donor for our GTI-R that we can just swap the engine, box and looms over to. Then once we have our own up and running we can properly investigate what on earth went wrong with it while being able to have our car on the road, and possibly be able to re-use our own engine afterwards.

HotSnot92

Southeren Ireland Regional Rep
rob i no were their is a red 1 for sale e1000 but i think 1 of the cylenders is down but not sure its red and lying up 4 the last 2 years or if uv got 4000 i no were theirs 1 with lots of goodies :-D give me a bell if u want more info :thumbsup:

G

GTI-R Kid

Sorry Snot - only reading message now.

4k is too far over budget (getting another car at the same time so limited as to how much can be spent) and 1k needing build just wouldn't suit.

Cheers though. Will try give you a call tomorrow.

T

Tillson

Ive got one but no tax or mot and needs a wheel bearing £1200 pm for more details.

G

GTI-R Kid

Cheers for the offer Tillson (just saw your advert on PH a while ago) but we found one yesterday. Will be collecting it in a week or so.

Only problem is that its almost too clean to make it a donor car, so we might well end up putting it on the road and looking for another donor for the car we already have! :doh:

G

GTI-R Kid

Black
late '92 (no umbrella holder, newer spec seats & steering wheel)
72k miles
Bailey dump-valve
mesh filter
5-Zeigen back-box
17's with wrong size tyres (215-40's I think).
White dial kit (with blue illumination)
Unknown turbo timer
Alarm and immobiliser
Original 5-piece Pulsar floor mat set
Wind deflectors
Tinted rear windows
Pretty much standard apart from that (even has amber side repeaters!). Passed its MOT only 2 weeks ago. Couple of rust bubbles on rear arches and one bad stone chip on leading edge of the bonnet. Doesn't feel all that quick to me but I think it might be running low boost or something (will be checking it out thoroughly when we get it home). All in all a very clean & straight car.

UK plates so currently trying to decide what to do with it, but gonna wait till the better half see's it first as its gonna be her car whichever one is on the road. Never know, we could end up with a his n' hers :lol:

Now parked at a friends house in Donegal so need to figure out how the f**k we're gonna get it down to Cork :doh:

That enough info? :lol:

HotSnot92

Southeren Ireland Regional Rep
nice car rob :thumbsup: hope it goes well 4 u this time :-D u have a long drive home 2 cork
hay rob if u want 2 change that back box 2 a full s/s turbo back system i have a 1 in the box 4 sale cheap [ goose ] :thumbsup:

vss irvine

Black
Now parked at a friends house in Donegal so need to figure out how the f**k we're gonna get it down to Cork :doh:
get me a flight to nearest airport, supply the petrol money and ill drive it down, then a cheap flight from cork home!

ill even throw it on my traders insurance!!!

cant beat a chance to drive through ireland!!

G

GTI-R Kid

Pat - cheers for the offer. Like I said though, it'll be her car so her call really. Though how cheap is cheap? And is it a 3" or 5" tip? ;-)

Aimee - thanks :thumbsup:

Jambo - could be standard boost, really dunno. Just didn't feel as urgent to me as our own did when it came on boost. Can't really trust the factory gauges as they have those white covers on them now and I know a lot of the time people can damage the gauges when fitting so they can't really be relied on to be accurate. Gonna bring a mechanical boost gauge with us when we go to collect it so should be able to tell better then as to whats going on. 8)

Martyn - hmmmm. Thats a tempting offer .... but I'm gonna have to pass :lol: Will be nice to see herself driving it back home, even if she will be able to leave me sitting in the Golf. :doh: