lightned flywheel and clutch

steve963

just fitted a lightned flywheel (cheers pulsarboby) and an exedy clutch, the release bearing I got with the clutch is off centre though :shock:
the bit which presses the clutch springs is about 3mm to one side:shock: :shock:

think itll be ok though:oops: probably press one side of the clutch more:doh:

does anybody align their clutches by eye, soon as the pedals pressed itll line up anyway, as long as i can get the box on without bending the shaft

what sort of liquid gasket do people use?

(got a torque wrench from halfrauds the £49 one, seems ok, does upto 200Nm)

P

pulsarboby

this is confusing me steve:?
how do you know its off centre by 3mm when box is bolted up?
once the release bearing is clipped into fork you simply push the box on till its home and then bolt it up.

if the plate itself was out of alignment then the box will be a total mare to fit and wont go onto splines correctly!

if that is the case and somehow you have measured the release bearing and its 3mm out, then that will be useless and you will end up with clutch judder, as the fingers on the pressure plate will be depressed more on one side than the other.

are you 100% certain its 3mm out of alignment?

steve963

just spoke to them, they said a lot do look off centre, and they think it`ll be ok

whay do you guys recon?

last thing I wanna do is drop the engine again!

P

pulsarboby

i can see what you mean now by the centre of the release bearing!
was there a lot of play in it?
cant say ive ever noticed one being out of alignment before, will check with some i have down the workshop. if theres no play in bearing then i cant understand why its off centre, this will put excess pressure on some of the pressure plate fingers as i previously said.

will let you know tomorrow night when ive checked some out for you!

O

Odin

I would just buy a replacement if it where me, Like you say it's a right pain in the ass to take out the engine a box again, Especially for something only costing £40 to replace.

Better safe than sorry I say.

Rob

steve963

might try bending it straight!

then again the place i bought it from should replace it, if im not happy with it

Shaun

In my experience alot of thrust bearings tend to be like this,i've fit them and upto yet no had any issues.

O

Odin

steve963 said:
might try bending it straight!

then again the place i bought it from should replace it, if im not happy with it

So they should, But if not I still wouldn't take the chance because the box is a right pain in the ass to fit anyway, So just get a new one.

Rob

steve963

thanks, which ever way its still set me back a week!!

Has anybody got the part number for the "Oil Seal Boot" my FAST dosent work

steve963

ordered one anyway from Nissan, theres one in Amsterdam apparantly £12!! its only a bit of plastic!

(intresting stuff...)

steve963

we the clutch bearing mystery is finally at an end, the bearing slides about, so you can adjust the gap! must be sort of self adjusting!