Is my turbo dead?

B1Ad3

Hey guys,

Just driving home normally, no enthusiastic driving, got to the T intersection near my house, went to take off and the car boggged really badly once moving.

I tried to bring on boost but i cant get a positive reading. Ive check the IC pipes for boost leaks and i dont have any vac leaks, car idles fine but wont come on boost.

It came on boost fine about 2 mins from my house going up a steep hill however once i got to the intersection it just wouldn't spool.

Should i take off the piping to the inlet of the turbo and see if i can spin it to see if its seized?

Thanks guys.

B1Ad3

Took off the inlet to the turbo and it spins fine. There are no leaks at all.

If i go anywhere near boost the car just bogs down and overfuels.

Feels like a limiter if you go near boost.

G

gtirbhp

Not a fanny eh :lol:

i need your help so bad

Its ok problem rectified - maybe divulge some info so others can learn instead of coming on here getting help and fcuking off!:doh: :der:

gunmetalgtir

FFS lads give the guy a chance to reply!!!!

He only posted that he solved the problem this morning, he might reply the night.

Everyone was quick to jump on the bandwagon there! :roll:

*EDIT*

Sorry lads! It seems as if this dude only posts on here when he has problems with his car and needs help! :evil:

Abuse away!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Last edited:

B1Ad3

Im from australia so the time difference is a bit different.

Ive just finished work and now have time to reply.

In the end it turned out to be one of the intercooler pipes near the battery. The battery had come loose and pushed the IC pipe off however it still sat perfectly on the silicon hose so i missed it.

It has happened before but i have still been able to produce some form of boost, this time i got nothing so i was a bit baffled as to why i couldn't.

Thanks for the help guys.

G

gtirbhp

If it keeps happening you will end up doing to your turbo what i did mine

GTi-R23

gtirbhp said:
If it keeps happening you will end up doing to your turbo what i did mine
Which was? Is there something about this thread that stops people giving information?!

Oh and living in Australia is not a valid excuse! :lol:

G

gtirbhp

GTi-R23 said:
Oh and living in Australia is not a valid excuse! :lol:
:lol: :lol:

YES IT IS ;-) :-D

B1Ad3 said:
yer what happened to your turbo?
None of your business eh :x whats it to you? ;-) :lol:

Erm it was most likely overworking to compensate for slight vacuum leak and almost went plop:shock: