'Inner' cv boot part numberS

paz

Hi all,

I had alook on the parts list and there are about 4 different numbers so wasn't sure which ones I'd need.

My mechanic says I need an inner cv boot kit (apparently the ones nearest the gearbox) for each side of the car- one has gone and one is going.

Can anyone help me out with Nissan part numbers and/or other parts and manufacturers I could use please.

Thanks in advance.

Paz

paz

Ok, so George helped me out with the following:

Mr FAST says 39741-55E28 is a Repair Kit - Dust boot, Inner

Which is a for the RH front drive shaft...and it includes the boot, two clips, and I'm not quite sure what else (it looks like the CV joint, but I think that's just the way the diagram is drawn).

LH side comes up as 39741-05U28

There's also an alternative part 39741-55E87

I hope that's helpful.

EDIT: Looks like it's interchangeable with a W10 Primera wagon between 93 and 94 with the SR20DI engine.

Has anyone ordered these parts recently so I can confirm?

Cheers

Paz

paz

Robbing bastards aren't they!

I just got quoted:

39741-05U28 - 32.20 inc VAT
39741-55E28 - 28.52 inc VAT

Based on the above part numbers.

stumo

Robbing bastards aren't they!

I just got quoted:

39741-05U28 - 32.20 inc VAT
39741-55E28 - 28.52 inc VAT

Based on the above part numbers.
3974105u28 is an old number, the latest is 39741-05u89 :roll:

39741-55e28 is again an old number, it goes to 39741-55E87 :roll:

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Ah - maybe I've got an old version of FAST; it didn't tell me the parts had been superseded, but it did give me ...u89 and ...e87 as alternative parts.
I'll admit though, that I don't always get quite what I want from FAST. So it wouldn't surprise me to find that I did that wrong and if I'd pressed the 'order' button it would have given me the new part numbers.

I just figured that a dealer would be able to find an alternative part from the original number. - I don't think those prices are too bad for original parts; you can get cheaper alternative ones, but there's no guarantee that they'll be quite right... my outer CV joint was far too big and had to be trimmed-down to fit properly... but it was only £3 odd. I'm willing to go the extra effort for that.

dave

the inner CV boot the one closer to the gearbox, if i am not confuse is the one that have a trebol inside style mine break up and leaks so i took a lot of time searching for the correct one and finally is the SAME as NISSAN PATHFINDER 4WD