injector o-ring

S

swawuk

I'm still in the process of getting my R on the road. One job seems to lead to another.

This time I removed the fuel rail and injectors to clean them. After refitting them one was leaking so I removed them again. I found the o-rings that secure them in the fuel rail were split.

Now my problem is I can't find new o-rings. I looked in local hardware stores, phoned nissan this morning and spare o-rings aren't listed. A mechanic told me they need to be fuel resistant ones as well.

As Nissan can't help me I don't know where to go. Anyone got any ideas?

Cheers

Steve

MarkTurbo

swawuk said:
As Nissan can't help me I don't know where to go. Anyone got any ideas?
Nissan dealers can be right unco-operative w*nkers at times :evil: They probably just couldnt be bothered ;-)

Is it the o-ring at the top or bottom of the injector? If somebody on here can find the part number out just take it in there slap it on the counter and say "i want this" Thats what i always do, they cant f**k you about when you know what the part number is :lol:

S

swawuk

its the top one, the one that goes into the fuel rail. Think its the smaller one of the two.

MarkTurbo

rayman75 said:
never herd of a fuel resistant o-ring.
You'd be surprised how many different types of o rings there are ;-) Just as an example the ones that are used in fuel systems are different to braking systems, use the wrong type of material on the wrong system and the o ring can just perish/go hard/fall to pieces etc etc which depending on the application isnt ideal :lol:

Boring subject i know but if you've got a minute read this and you'll get the idea of just how much information is involved in selecting an o ring ;-)

http://www.jameswalker.biz/docs/jwco/o_rings_full_doc.pdf

S

swawuk

Thats a great help. Thanks.
Stoooooopid Nissan man said something about an insulator so i said that must be it. He said "na it def wont be that".
What a plonker. Could have had them ordered today.

Thanks for the help :-D