increasing boost question

A

Anonymous

i've just purchased an 'R' and am gonna buy a front mount and apexi's aswell as fuel pump etc..etc.

i've done some searches and it looks like i'll be ok to raise the boost to 1 bar on a completely standard engine using a bleed valve (i know their sh*t but i just want to have an edge on standard 'R's until i've saved up the cash to go for serious mods) with no fuel upgrades - i've heard the ECU can cope with this.

is this true if not what boost can i run coz i dont wanna go meltin pistons just coz am to impatient to wait!! :oops:

cheers in advance !!

MarkTurbo

1 bar should be ok on the standard ecu, but i'd make sure you fit an uprated fuel pump before you up the boost though :wink:

I'd get it on the rollers as soon as you do it for a setup too. Just to make sure everythings ok. Better to spend £100 on a rolling road tune than a few thousand on an engine rebuild if somethings not right :wink:

A

Anonymous

Will the Walbro fuel pump be ok???

does anyone now of any good 4x4 rolling roads near manchester

Si..

Will the Walbro fuel pump be ok???
yes it'll be fine,

my pal's been running 1.1 bar on the std fuel pump for over a year now,
i dont know how he's got away with no probs at all, so the walboro is more than up for the job.

you'd be better geting a dawes device than a bleed valve for only a few more quid, try sending 'caz' a PM, i think he's got one lying around he'll probably sell you. :wink:

A

Anonymous

Whats the difference between a dawes device and a bleed valve??

And how much will the dawes device set me back (on average)??

paz

heple pulsar gtir said:
i've just purchased an 'R' and am gonna buy a front mount and apexi's aswell as fuel pump etc..etc.

i've done some searches and it looks like i'll be ok to raise the boost to 1 bar on a completely standard engine using a bleed valve (i know their sh*t but i just want to have an edge on standard 'R's until i've saved up the cash to go for serious mods) with no fuel upgrades - i've heard the ECU can cope with this.

is this true if not what boost can i run coz i dont wanna go meltin pistons just coz am to impatient to wait!! :oops:

cheers in advance !!
Hello, welcome to the community :)

Looks like your close to me, where abouts in bolton are you?

paz

paz

heple pulsar gtir said:
Darcy Lever !!

Where abouts are you from!!
Astley Bridge way matey.

I shall keep a look out for your R, be nice to have one more local, there's not many (infact only one other besides mine) round here.

Any pictures?

paz

A

Anonymous

Not took any yet i'll post some up soon and send you a PM.

My cars in bits at the mo coz am fittin my system which is gonna take a while if it keeps pissi*g it down

paz

heple pulsar gtir said:
Not took any yet i'll post some up soon and send you a PM.

My cars in bits at the mo coz am fittin my system which is gonna take a while if it keeps pissi*g it down
Ok mate 8)

You don't want to be weighing it down with too much stereo mind ;)

paz

A

Anonymous

before a bar u can still have an edge over a standard r by just changing for uprated, full exhaust sytem, plugs, leads and a filter, going for a bar this early and its new clutch time if u drag alot

A

Anonymous

its already got all of them.

i took them mods for granted before i start doin any other. (sorry i mislead anyone)

i'am new to the gtir but not modding turbo's

kyepan

Have u tried the middle pedal yet? you might want to uprate the brakes/service them too as the standard ones are.. how should i put this..

utter shite.

500 quid for some willwoods or a bit more for hispecs and you will feel better about using the boost.. 8)

at the bare minimum get some decent uprated pads like pagids or mintex and some grooved discs.

u might already have decent stoppers, but i thought i might let u know.

kyepan

there is a sticky on the tuning and upgrades or dealers offer section on this forum, you can go for a group buy and team up with somone else then there is a good discount available..

A

Anonymous

nice one pal the wilwoods look good but it wood of bin nice to be able to actually see the price list they have have on the site.

just have to give um a bell

big up to the gtiroc.forum :lol: