Idle down to 600rpm after jump starting

J

JamesB

I had only recently reset my idle to 850/900rpmand has to jump start it with a normal set of jumper leads (not the anti-zap ones). Since then my cold start idle is as low as 600 and once warm gets to about 800. Have I fried a part of my ecu?? Any ideas

geetee

More likely you had adjusted the idle down with the screw without disconnecting the TPS or putting the ECU in idle adjust mode..... so the ECU was compensating to raise it slightly.

Perhaps having a flat battery has reset the ecu so it is no longer compensating??

Dunno otherwise.

Cheers
GeeTee

J

JamesB

No, tps was disconnected and idle worked perfectly for about a week until I jumped it. Ive been told I may have blown a "stepping motor"(???) which controls the idle - not the ecu. I didnt think the ecu would be reset by havin a flat battery or disconnecting it - what could it possible forget??

G

GTI-R

Prepare yourself for the most stoopid response...ever.

Check the fuses! My car idle @ 600rpm but drove perfectly. Ended up checking the fuses and I think it was the interior light fuses. Replaced it and everything was perfect again...

Cheers,

zia

No, tps was disconnected and idle worked perfectly for about a week until I jumped it. Ive been told I may have blown a "stepping motor"(???) which controls the idle - not the ecu. I didnt think the ecu would be reset by havin a flat battery or disconnecting it - what could it possible forget??
how about the base values it uses as parameters!! :p and it,s not stepping motor rather its I.A.V or A.A.C.VALVE as they call it.

zia

J

JamesB

Yep - interior light fuse HOW RIDICULOUS!!!!!!! :shock:

Why o why would this have anything to do with it I dont know

G

GTI-R

:D Imagine how insane it was for me to find it without anyone suggesting it :shock:

:?