How much boost?

D

DOT2DOT

How much boost can the standard UK gtir engine take without any mods? (safely)

J

jiw

im planning on runniong a big turbo at 1.4 bar, think the head gasket and ringlands dont like no more than 1.5 bar :wink:

D

DOT2DOT

But i mean a completely standard engine. How much extra boost can the management allow and compesate for?

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
DOT2DOT said:
But i mean a completely standard engine. How much extra boost can the management allow and compesate for?

Depends from car to car mate...

Mine managed 1.2bar without messing with fueling... Then upto 1.6bar on the standard engine with some fuel mapping...

Rishi

Keira

with decent cooling and maintenence i see 340bhp on a standard engine/ecu, ignition retarded to suit uk octane rating fuel and 1.3 bar tops, 11.9afr even top end 8)

thats not to say they all will but mine is aok 8)

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
RishiGTiR said:
Mine managed 1.2bar without messing with fueling...

Rishi
Was that completely standard fuelling, just upping the boost?
If so it gives me something to aim for :lol:
I'm gonna have to get my clutch done before 1.2 tho as it slips alot more in the mid range at the moment on barely 1bar now :oops:

Rishi

Fast Guy said:
RishiGTiR said:

Rishi

Standard Fueling... with boost running at 1.2bar... Checked over twice with the air/fuel meter...

Think it had the Walbro at this point tho...

Rishi

Dan_GTiR

Good call Lou on the bleed valve :wink:

Dot2Dot save your pennies and invest in a decent boost controller, and you'll won't look back on a bleed valve again

D

DOT2DOT

Which you think is best? Avcr, profec b etc? Quite expensive arnt they?

Fire & skill

Vintage member
a basic 2 stage boost controller will do. profec b or hks evc. the profec b is piiss easy to use! but the hks comes complete with digital boost guage (which you will need anyways).

stugtir

Fast Guy said:
RishiGTiR said:

Rishi
I'm gonna have to get my clutch done before 1.2 tho as it slips alot more in the mid range at the moment on barely 1bar now :oops:
You had better get that dodgy headgasket that you have had for 2 years sorted first!! :roll: :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

stu

Rishi

stugtir said:
Fast Guy said:
RishiGTiR said:

Rishi
You had better get that dodgy headgasket that you have had for 2 years sorted first!! :roll: :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

stu
Damn right you lazy git... :lol: :lol:

stugtir

Fast Guy said:
I'll sort it when it blows :oops:
maybe...... :p Might just go for a 12 on 3 cylinders :lol:
lol why go for a 12 when 11's are possible on 3 cylinders all day long :lol: :lol:

stu