HKS EVC 5 vs. APEXi AVC-R

K

krikra

Not knowing much about theese to things it's a hard choice :?

I like the blue display kind of boost controller wich they both are but any major differences?
I know many of you guys use the APEXi..
The only thing about the HKS is the display + seperat control unit I have to fit somewhere instead of just the Apexi display unit..
Solenoid / stepping engine wich is best?

I hope someone can give me a good reason for choosing the one of them.. :D

Websnowbo

I kinda like the Greddy one too. Displays a bit big but it looks just dandy in the dark......but then again the Apexi's do too. Shit i'm not sure now.

S

srbpower

Evc 5 is a really nice bit of kit, holds boost really well. Plus what alot of people overlook, is it is actually a very nice lookinh bit of kit. The actual unit looks 10 times better than the AVCR.

SI :)

A

Anonymous

I had both and i still have the hks

Hold's boost very well NOT it tends to over read the boost.

ie 0.7bar it will read 0.8-0.9

Apexi is good for show ur mate's bit to big

A

Anonymous

save ur money and get one of these

I've installed on of these on a friends car it work's really well

a lot easyer the chaging the boost setting on then Apexi
Just a flick of a swirch and u have more boost
good for when driving normaly keep seeting 1 as 0.7 for normal driving and setting 2 as 1bar for a bit of fun.

DUAL STAGE – Improved!

Compact design, will fit in the palm of your hand. This unit provides fast boost response with two adjustable boost levels. Just toggle between high and low on the fly. Ideal for replacing factory boost controllers.

Low and high Boost settings are fully adjustable
Detent System for ease of adjustment
Gated System to bring boost on faster
Includes Rocket Launcher Switch and fitting hardware
Mounting bracket and fittings supplied

Davey

The avcr is a nice bit of kit, good for showing off to people who dont know anything about cars :oops: :wink:
Its bigger in real life than it looks in the pictures though, and finding somewhere to mount it(apart from the centre vents) can be a bit tricky in a pulsar

K

krikra

as mentioned above I think the HKS control unit is a letting the EVC 5 down a bit.. And you'd have to find a good place for that also..

S

srbpower

Si, you're slacking. We sell turbosmart stuff mate, drop us a line or post in our section if you want.

Cheers

Dan