HKS 3037 KIT advise

A

Anonymous

Hi I have a engine rebuild with hks front mount cams and pistons my engines just run in and I am having the power fc bigger injectors air flow sensor Z32 and looking to obtain 320bhp at 1 bar.I was advised by my tuner that the hks 3037 kit with manifold and wastegate would be a good idea but is this too laggy.I have the ap clutch quaiffe kit etc

I heard this is atried and tested turbo aparrantly strokered up skyline r32s with 2.7kits and trwin 3037s get 10 second quarters is this true.

I looking for a quick spooling road car drivable not too laggy that would be quick on the twisties.Im not into drag racing.I was advised for the .52 trim (I cany remember off top of my head)was the one to go for.Have any of you guys got this kit ?I looking to run 1.6 bar max without going for daft boost as I dont have a lightened but not steel crank .What is the type of power that I will get from this?Also when would you guys recon thsi will reach maximum boost Ive beentold different things by different people ranging from 3500rpm to 5500rpm dont know which to believe.

Tommy Lee

O

Odin

If your after 320bhp and low lag you wont want the 3037 in any trim, You could try the GT RS or even a roller bearing T 28 will be good for 320bhp
with very little lag at all, I was running 320bhp on the standard turbo so
so a good super hybrid or rolling bearing T28 would be the one for me :wink: .

rob

J

jiw

ive just fitted a garrett gt28r from www.atpturbo.com, requires some fettling to make it fit but whilst setting up i reached 1.6 bar by 3200rpm :shock: , now creates 1.0 bar by 2600 rpm 8) very responsive and cost me under £500 all in, service was great, i ordered it on thursday and got it on the monday.

A

Anonymous

But what sort of power will I be getting with my engine and the 3037 at 1.6 bar Its a bit bigger than the t28 but there would be more margin for power.

M

memski

over 400bhp at that boost for sure. Depends on trim and which exhaust housing but could range from 420-480bhp. (Btw there is no bolt on kit for the 3037, its all diy).

A

Anonymous

Thanks memski.So you do think its possibkle on a 2 .1 litre engine for 480bhp?would that be on silly boost like 2 bar plus .I know blade on the mlr had the 3037s and had 550 on his but hes rebuilding it again.

Can anyone here recommend a trim .Can anyone on here explain how the trim and ar housing affect spoolup.What they are and what they do?If 400bhp is possible then which trim would you recommend ?I do want some drivabilty and not something that has to rev to 7grand to reach boost.Im just after descent quick road car drivable.I was told to go for the 2835 but isnt the isnt that just roller bearing T28?Also this is rated for 420 so by buying a3037 I was thinking there is more leway for more power if I wanted to go for stroker one day.

Anyway I thought the 3037 flange fits on our manifolds just like that.The exhaust will obviously have to change along with downpipe.

A

Anonymous

tommylee said:
Thanks memski.So you do think its possibkle on a 2 .1 litre engine for 480bhp?would that be on silly boost like 2 bar plus .I know blade on the mlr had the 3037s and had 550 on his but hes rebuilding it again.

Can anyone here recommend a trim .Can anyone on here explain how the trim and ar housing affect spoolup.What they are and what they do?If 400bhp is possible then which trim would you recommend ?I do want some drivabilty and not something that has to rev to 7grand to reach boost.Im just after descent quick road car drivable.I was told to go for the 2835 but isnt the isnt that just roller bearing T28?Also this is rated for 420 so by buying a3037 I was thinking there is more leway for more power if I wanted to go for stroker one day.

Anyway I thought the 3037 flange fits on our manifolds just like that.The exhaust will obviously have to change along with downpipe.
this is the kind of thing that really tickles my twisted sense of humour :twisted: basically you want almost TWICE the power output of a standard car but you still want low down power/torque and driveability :lol:

as a general rule of thumb,the bigger the turbo,the further up the rev range it will deliver it's max power and the slower the turbo's responses will be.there are a couple of things that can be done to try and speed up responses,such as optimising the wheel matching and balancing/lightening the engine internals but,this only helps a tiny bit.

best to stick with a hybrid t28 and optimise what set up you have if you don't intend dragging it :wink:

JU5TY

tommylee said:
It does, unless you get the GT3037 Pro S (which I have), which has a larger T3 flange.
You will need to use a spacer on the manifold to bring the turbo out a bit so it clears the block, speak to mem about that...
The manifold will also require a port welding on for the external wastegate.

A

Anonymous

well i have spent about a few k just on engine.So anyone know when the 3037 reahes maximum boost at which rpm?

Whats your car like to drive justy in terms of responsiveness ?

S

Sirnixalot

the version of the HKS GT3037 i have (52 trim 0.60a/r compressor, 84trim 0.73 a/r turbine) on a stock manifold will make 7psi @ 3400rpm and 24psi @ 3700rpm.

M

memski

tommylee said:
Whats your car like to drive justy in terms of responsiveness ?
Doesn't respond at all I'd say :lol:

/me pokes justys car with a big stick

E

Edd

It all depends on what you do to your engine aswell.
Surry on hear ran 272 cams with the 52T 3037 and he said it was awful to drive, but dropping back to standard cams and it was much better.
Unfortunately you cannot have power and low down response.
Go with a smaller turbo if your worried about lag.
Go 3037 and stroker kit for best mix ;)

ashills

the turbo me and ginga were/are running was classed as a 3037 from turbo dynamics and have had dyno results of 470bhp at 1.7 bar and we both had that fitted as a standard turbo would just had to alter the oil return
and they cost alot less than hks
pm me if ur interested in one

GINGA

vpulsar said:
yeah £800 from ATP in the state's

rob
Probably no warranty and you have to setup the turbo yourself and make a actuator bracket and actuator to fit aswell which considering how close a fit the turbo is this would be pretty arkward and time consuming to do :(

A

Anonymous

sirnix

the version of the HKS GT3037 i have (52 trim 0.60a/r compressor, 84trim 0.73 a/r turbine) on a stock manifold will make 7psi @ 3400rpm and 24psi @ 3700rpm.

what is compresser a/ar and trim size ?Also is 7psi half a bar ?I think 14 psi is a bar are my right?If so 24psi is 1.5 bar at 3700rpm .If so the turbo cant be that laggy then.Also which is quickest spooling 3037 I want some drivability and resposiveness.Also what power your runnning and whats yours spec?