Help!

PulsarLee

Can anyone please help :doh:
Ive just bought a new set of leads for my R. The car was running ok apart from a slight miss at high boost. however, in my haste i took the old leads off the cap and tried the new ones on, but some of the leads seem too short and some too long, the car wont even fire now!!! :doh: I think ive put the leads on the wrong order on the distributor cap

The cap is numbered 1 - 4, could someone please tell me what lead goes to what port on the cap please.......................

im absolutly gutted as was so looking forward to taking her for a run tonight.

Thanks

Lee

PulsarLee

the leads arent numbered i dont think........ is number 1 cylinder the nearest to the cap or farest away?

could you tell me what number on the cap correspondes to which cylinder number?

Thanks

Dangerous Dave

the leads arent numbered i dont think........ is number 1 cylinder the nearest to the cap or farest away?

could you tell me what number on the cap correspondes to which cylinder number?

Thanks

number one is at the other end mate;-) (left to right) 1 2 3 4...

PulsarLee

thanks mate. so does the lead from number 1 cylinder go to number 1 port on the distributor cap and so on?

thanks

Smo

Yes mate. Longest lead goes farther away (longest is 1, shortest is 4) and the numbers match on the dizzy cap.

PulsarLee

thanks geoff

sorry to be thick.. but can you please tell me what cylinder goes to what number port on the dizzy cap?

thanks

PulsarLee

Hi smo
thanks for the advice. could you please advise if the numbers on the dizzy cap need to be connected to the corresponding cylinder / spark plug?
i thing i may have got it in total revearse.

P

pulsarboby

no4 on cap is the shortest lead no1 on cap is the longest lead

PulsarLee

Thanks everyone for your help........ cant believe how stupid i was...... in correct order now and all ok. Think i was too egar to fit em.... lol

cheers