Help Please - ref ebay

FastWon

Hi everyone,

I bought off ebay a piece of clarice cliff china for my mums birthday, it arrived today in lots of pieces, it was not well packed according to my mum who opened it as I live away. She is not very happy obviously.

Any suggestions as to whether I have any comeback or what I should do?

Cheers,
Rob

D

DOT2DOT

Yes, contact the seller and try to be nice about it first, because claiming from ebay/paypal is not the best way to do it. Nevertheless if they refuse to replace it, then file a dispute. If you paid by paypal, your dispute will be filed with them. Be prepared to have to get an expert opinion on the damaged item and packaging etc, on letterheaded paper from a company who would normally deal with this sort of thing. They will then decide if you are entitled to a settlement. Its a nasty business really and they make it quite obvious that they do not want to shell out money to you, by putting time limits on everything and being fussy that everything is done as they say. I would defo try to work something out with the seller first.

A

AZ STE

Resell it on ebay using the original picture ,send it out to the new buyer insured ,then when to their amazement it turns up broken ,youve been paid and the plates insured :lol: :lol: :wink:

Keira

could always give it back to your mum at christmas and tell her its a one off jigsaw puzzle :lol:

FastWon

kieron said:
could always give it back to your mum at christmas and tell her its a one off jigsaw puzzle :lol:
:lol: :lol:

But seriously I sent the seller a kind email and I got the reply:

I AM SORRY THAT YOUR ITEM ARRIVED DAMAGED , WE ONLY DEAL IN BREAKABLES AND THIS IS ONLY THE SECOND ITEM THAT HAS ARRIVED BROKEN, BECAUSE YOU DID NOT ASK FOR INSURACE IM AFRAID ITS NOT DOWN TO US WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ROYAL MAIL. THE BOX WAS PACKED SOLID BEFORE IT WAS SENT. SONIA

:evil:

I'm not happy with that! Any further thoughts, what should I say to ebay?

Cheers,
Rob

D

DOT2DOT

Its up to the seller if they want insurance. Its part of a legaly binding ebay contract that the item must be delivered safely! Threaten legal action and if that doesnt work then file a dispute!

Pete Watson

I sell lots of items on e-bay and alike. As far as Postage is concerned it is the responsibility of the seller to ensure the item being posted is wrapped to a reasonable standard. As far as Roil Mail is concerned all Posted items are covered for Loss or Damage upto a value of £28.00, it doesn't matter if the item has been sent Recorded or Standard Mail, the only thing is, make sure your seller gets proof of postage if using Royal Mail Standard Post. As long as all this is in place you can make a claim against Royal Mail. If your item is worth more than £28.00 which i would say your item was, then you would need to ask the Seller for Added Insurance, this is only 75p and will cover your item to a valve of £100.00, but remember it is for you to ask not the Seller to offer!!

You can try involving e-bay or paypal but this is the reply you will get, i know it is not fair but this is the chance you take buying from e-bay!!!!

Rgs Pete

FastWon

Right guys,

I'm now soooooooo pissed off with this seller, the item was so badly packed it was unbelievable but it doesn't look like I'm going to get my money back.

So, as I am an inexperienced ebayer I challenge you to think of some feedback that I can leave them to discourage any future purchases from this ebayer.

Cheers,
Rob

geoff pine

if you payed £100 or more for it by by pay pal [ credit card] try the credit card company they have joint liability . if it arived in bits it must have been badly packed just an option to try.if it cost less than £100 it was probably a fake any way. :oops: