Help! Blitz Gauge Wiring/Fitting/Connection?

G

GTI-R Kid

Hey guys.

I'm just after recieving a couple of Blitz gauges in the post (courtesy of eBay), but since they're secondhand there's no instructiuons and I'm looking for any help/advice people may have so that I don't destroy the gauges when fitting.

First off, both gauges have 2 sockets on the back, a short one (5 pin) and a slightly longer one (6 pin) as you can see below. Both have the same short pin slot so is it safe to assume that this is the connection for the illumination? Each has a black, yellow and a red wire going to it. What are these for? Positive, negative and switch? Any suggestions where on the engine I should fit the sensor for either oil or water?

The TEMP gauge has 3 wires coming from the longer socket (brown, red & white) and the sensor has only 2 pins (red wire & white wire). Anyone have any suggestions as to what goes where? I'm guessing that red goes to red and white to white, but where does the brown go? Is my guess about matching colours correct?

Then the PRESSURE gauge ... this one is really confusing me. There's 2 wires coming out of the longer socket on this one (blue & black) and then there's this wierd cylinder thing that I'm guessing is the sensor. On the first pic below you can see that it has a threaded section with a small hole in it. Where is this supposed to screw on?

In the second pic (a view from the back of the one above) you can see the connector - a single spade connection. Any ideas what connects to this (blue or black) and where the second wire is supposed to go?

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm currently at a loss. :( Thanks.

zia

red continuse 12v yellow switch 12v/illumination i.e light circuit. black earth. one socket should go to individual connections. the other i think would be connected to a main unit display controller.
sensor wire have 12v or 5v main input. earth and output wire to back guage. this i rough idea best way would be to obtain instruction from blitz uk.

zia