GTIR For Sale, Has Issues But Running & Drives, £1800 T&T

Maverick

Hi

The car runs, and other than the issues below, there is nothing else. It doesnt smoke or anything like that. Its suited for experienced R Owners who do their own work as garages will charge a fair bit for the work needing done. Based in Central Scotland. Owned since June 2013. Bought from Bob down in Southend.

Selling my GTIR however it has issues that are easily fixed for someone with R experience. Will list these first and then spec. Was going to keep however getting a company car and dont want to spend best part of a grand getting it perfect only for it to sit in driveway and come out on sunny days. Also before I start, the wheels are black now but you will see in pics

Have had it in at Hypertech because previous mech in Stirling wasnt up to the job. And here is the result of that.

Needs new suspension setup, current front struts weeping, one worse than the other. Springs are ok however up to you what you change. It passed the MOT however was an advisory
Advised new balljoints and droplinks for offside, however if youre doing one side then do the other
3 different brands of tyres on corners, tread is ok on 3 of them however the cambering at the front has put uneven tread on one corner. Not an MOT fail however, but needs addressing.
The gearbox has some sort of bearing issue. Got a refurb unit from Bob however debateable as whether previous mech actually swapped it over as its exactly the same problem as before. When clutch is in, no noise, when its out then theres a rattle. Poss layshaft or input bearing. Anyway still got gearbox so you should be able to make a good gearbox from both.

If youre new to R's and looking for costs to get the issues looked at then you have............

Gearbox - if you really want to, then you can get the spare one refurbed although tbh I am really not sure if the previous mechs swapped over and put in Bobs unit. ASK in Falkirk have stripped the old box and it needs diff bearing, input bearing and main shaft bearing
Ball joints and droplinks, £40, make sure they come with the poly bushes
Suspension, up to you if you change full set up or just struts
Tyres, as much as you want, the tread is fine however 4wd cars really should have same tyres on all corners, if not then defo on same axle.
TMIC, can do with being replaced however still working ok

So thats it for the issues, now on to the details

Tax till end of November, MOT expiry June 2015
Full ss exhaust, no issues with that
Wheels recently powder coated to black, in hindsight much better than the previous green
Got turbo timer and its plugged in however not set up. Wasnt when I got it and I havent bothered to look at it
All electrics work fine
Tiny crack on windscreen however been there since I got it and it passed the MOT so its not a problem
Paintwork seen better days however it is 21 years old lol
You can see rust on one arch however its not coming through, again been like that since I got it and not got any worse
HKS dump valve, sounds sweet
HKS mushroom filter
Had new plugs and leads recently
Compressions tested couple of months ago and all fine
Got new rocker gasket set, just not fitted
Currently set to 0.9bar, running circa 280, was nearer 300 on 1.2 bar however pulled it back
Fully rebuilt turbo by Turbo Technics with paperwork, Stage 1 Hybrid
Greddy Clutch, Stage 2 Paddle, great for boosting, shit for sitting in traffic

Like I said this would be perfect for someone that works on their own cars as they could easily fix the issues themselves. If you dont then be advised you are looking at probably around a grand in labour for all the work plus whatever it is for the parts. The car runs fine the now. I still use it as my day to day until the company car comes in.

Any questions let me know here or PM me and I will get the pics up in next post..

Ta