gt3071r

bopper

Fitted the new turbo today with the 4in inlet, was wondering what people did with the the pipe work for the air filter ie who they used to make it up for them.

EVOBAD

u can get sombody to make u s/steel or aluminuim or just use samco hose which u can do your self just look on ebay pleny of pipe etc on ther

P

pulsarboby

go to a plumbers merchants and buy a 4'' flexible toilet pan adaptor!
its corrugated alluminium, is strong and will cost you around a fiver, and is around a metre in lengh

ashills

pulsarboby said:
go to a plumbers merchants and buy a 4'' flexible toilet pan adaptor!
its corrugated alluminium, is strong and will cost you around a fiver, and is around a metre in lengh

we dont connect bogs up with ally ducting mate thats for extractor fans the toilet flex's are white plastic with a steel wire in them but they would just melt with under bonnet temps

best is some brake cooling hose from demon tweeks as its hi temp stuff and wont break up normally a red colour

P

pulsarboby

ashills said:
we dont connect bogs up with ally ducting mate thats for extractor fans the toilet flex's are white plastic with a steel wire in them but they would just melt with under bonnet temps

best is some brake cooling hose from demon tweeks as its hi temp stuff and wont break up normally a red colour

wanna have a little wager with me on that???
4'' pan adaptors they DO do in allimminium too, and il prove it to you!
i know the extractor fan ducting your on about, and thats crap, this is a pan adaptor;-)

Keira

this place has just sunk to new depths :shock:

bob openly discussing what bit of a fooking toilet to use on his intake system :lol: be handy if you ever need to rig something up for a quick dump though i guess :lol:

Last edited:

geoff pine

Im with ashills on this doe's your bit of flex'e pipe have an agrement certificate boby if not it's just an essex bodge:lol: :lol:

P

pulsarboby

not really kieron
people pay silly money for stuff that quite frankly is a ripoff, because its what you must have!
all im doing here or have done is find a cheaper alternative, its flexible strong and cost peanuts!
but if people wanna go ahead and pay £35 upwards for a bit of pipe then they can.

and yep if your caught short just disconnect the pipe from the afm and let go down there, then:shtf:

P

pulsarboby

:rofl: excellent:lol: :lol: i may even have 2x toilet pans instead of bucket seats, for the nervously orientated passenger:lol:

if i plunb them into the coolant system they can also double up as a bidet
or
better still plumb it in to the turbo intake pipe and you can have a mobile colonic irrigation system too:p

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
I used a length of agricultural corn feed pipe (Awaits comedy picture of combine harvest with spoiler) IIRC it was about a tenner but that was for 2m.

Its reinforced flexible plastic that is a doddle to route, lighter and more insulative than metal. Its been on there a few years now and hasn't melted or even deteriorated. This is probably because its effectivley air cooled.

The only downside is the the colour..... pastel blue :oops: :wuss:

Last edited:

ashills

pulsarboby said:
wanna have a little wager with me on that???
4'' pan adaptors they DO do in allimminium too, and il prove it to you!
i know the extractor fan ducting your on about, and thats crap, this is a pan adaptor;-)

well never seen one of them mate, be fun trying to get ally to seal to a ceramic bog but then again im just a stupid plumber lol