Give up, BOOST PROBLEMS =(

neil240z

there would be several cracks, one would not be enough! when the housing gets hot the cracks expand and the gases and pressure escape down the exhaust.

Ah great thanks for the url to the relevant boost leak tester sites.
Very helpful especially when i've limited internet connection and connecting at speeds below dial up pace - u can see i'm really at a low here.

It's because of these tiny hairline cracks on my old turbo which i thought was the cause of the boost leak problem that made me purchase a brand new GT2871R in the first place.

P

pulsarboby

ashills said:
yes but im saying that this car is only making .7 bar this turbo without actuator pipe connected would make near 2 bar it would be a pretty large crack that they would have seen when they opened exhaust housing from elbow side

agree with you here! easy way to test it is by pulling pipe off actuator altogether then that way it will or should boost to turbo max 'as you say around 2 bar' then you are eliminating all boost controllers and everything else.
if it does not reach anywhere near that figure then you have a major boost leak either in intercooler or pipes leading to and from it or the turbo housing itself, simple as that!