gearbox update....UPDATED!!

LeeSmith

guess who stripped EVERY single tooth in 5TH gear???

Yep......me.....

the guy in the garage told me he never ever seen 5TH go like that, he said usually 1st/2nd when launching.....anyone else heard of it?

cars been in garage for a week and a bit now and i cant stand it.......
It's amazing how much you depend on your car!!

E

Edd

Yep it has happened b4 to a few people, usually happens to people with biggish power and lots of torque and those who spend there life in the fast lane 120 + :wink:

MarkTurbo

What happened to all the bits of 5th? Did they damage anything else in the box?

I've just taken my box apart cos i took all the teeth off 2nd gear :( Luckily all the bits were stuck to the magnet in the bottom of the box :D

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
Re: gearbox update....

LeeSmith said:
guess who stripped EVERY single tooth in 5TH gear???

I did...

I have the left over bits to make a trophy with to...

I now have a Quaife Box... :twisted:

LeeSmith

MarkTurbo said:
What happened to all the bits of 5th? Did they damage anything else in the box?

I've just taken my box apart cos i took all the teeth off 2nd gear :( Luckily all the bits were stuck to the magnet in the bottom of the box :D
No, nothing else damaged thank god! they jammed in between the selector so i couldnt change gear!!! but all is ok apparently!

O

Olly

Hannie did. 8)

seen 3rd torn apart too many times, but strangely every time the cars have a B'M quickshift fitted, guess it shifts toooooooo fast for the box, :lol:

MarkTurbo

LeeSmith said:
LOL! how much was a new 2nd gear?? I take it u replaced it yourself??
Haven't fixed it yet :roll: The box is still in my shed in bits :oops: :oops: :oops: I'm not in any hurry though cos i'm gonna do a few mods to the car while its off the road :wink:

I think the bits just to fix 2nd gear are a few hundred £££ from nissan so i'm just going to look for a 2nd hand standard gearset to buy. Then at least i'll have some spares for when it breaks next time :roll:

LeeSmith

Total Bill........£1073 including VAT....Warranty will not cover as I can't find the reciepts for the Service.......

Parts came to just under £300.....sounds expensive.....

MarkTurbo

LeeSmith said:
Parts came to just under £300.....sounds expensive.....
That dosen't sound too bad for the parts :wink:

According to Mike (ex-gtir) the parts needed to fix my box would be about £580 :shock:

£180 for the secondary 2nd gear, and £400 for the other one cos its part of the input shaft.

LeeSmith

to be fair they got the parts cheaper than nissan could!!

5th gear main & the input shaft....just thought the labour was OTT for the job.....