gearbox options

pete-r

my current gearbox is on its way out(big surprise)but im unsure as to what to get next.i was going to go for a quaiffe but am a little unsure now as with what happened with edds.is there a solution out there with 100% reliability?i want something to take up to 450bhp ,with good drivability.im just after an idea just now so i can save for when the day comes :wink:

cheers,pete.

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
Not sure what it revs out at but Ithink it's about the same price as the Quaife. Ask Simon (Skid) he has a PAR gearset fitted in his R'.

E

Edd

also just to add it wasnt my gearbox that broke :roll:

after inspecting the transfer box that was the culprit and the gearbox is going off to be checked and inspected so it can be sold as new this weekend and then will be up for sale :wink:

E

Edd

also after seeing a PAR gearset and a quaiffe gearset side by side, if the PAR is rated to 650bhp then the quaiffe should be rated to 2000bhp :roll:

pete-r

would you still go for the quaiffe again then edd?would it be worth me having something done to uprate the transfer box(if there is something!?) at the same time?

E

Edd

Pete R just got his wires crossed as i had a jokey bit in my sig a while ago saying something about a broken box :roll:

W

WRW76

im a newbe and am wondering how much a new aftermarket gearbox would cost? im a bit reknowned for destroying gearboxes.

A

Anonymous

WRW76 said:
im a newbe and am wondering how much a new aftermarket gearbox would cost? im a bit reknowned for destroying gearboxes.
anything up to 3k depending what you get done/replaced during the rebuild.

buying the gearset without any sort of discount costs approx £1800 and approx £3-500 to get it fitted in the gearbox.you then have the labour costs of getting the box removed/fitted and then you have the sundries such as oil.

it'll save you loads if you just learn how to drive :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
oap-r said:
WRW76 said:
anything up to 3k depending what you get done/replaced during the rebuild.

buying the gearset without any sort of discount costs approx £1800 and approx £3-500 to get it fitted in the gearbox.you then have the labour costs of getting the box removed/fitted and then you have the sundries such as oil.

it'll save you loads if you just learn how to drive :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Plus about £500 of Std Nissan parts that you may want to fit to completely freshen up the gearbox...

zia

quaiffe have run out of stock at the mo, if you wanted this done soon they worn,t be available until the end of jan or begining of feb.

zia