gearbox oil

R

r5ben

where do i get gearbox oil from ??? i want the redline stuff i think is that whats best to put in ??

00sid

yeah im running on redline mt90, it aint cheep but it is good. you can get it from demontweeks.

R

r5ben

cheers mate ill have a look

am i right in thinking i need 4.2 lt :oops:

geetee

Do gearbox, transfer and rear diff whilst your pissing around with that smelly shit.

There's loadsa post about how much you need. And I don't think Demontweek$ is the cheapest place to get it.

Some ppl seem to rate Castrol Syntrax also.

Cheers
GeeTee

geetee

bargain

I'm sure Oilman on here can recommend a Silkolene alternative with a 25 page dialogue on why it's superior too.

No-one seems to listen though - preferring to listen to the 'experience' of older members using melted candle wax rather than his explanations of shearing factors etc....

Bunch of luddites and slipper wearers the lot of us :lol: :lol:

Cheers
GeeTee 8)

O

Odin

geetee said:
bargain

I'm sure Oilman on here can recommend a Silkolene alternative with a 25 page dialogue on why it's superior too.

No-one seems to listen though - preferring to listen to the 'experience' of older members using melted candle wax rather than his explanations of shearing factors etc....

Bunch of luddites and slipper wearers the lot of us :lol: :lol:

Cheers
GeeTee 8)
You may be one of them there luddite's matey but I get my engine oil from the oil man :wink: he sent me 25lt's of the stuff, I did ask him about the redline and he said it was pretty good stuff and had nothing better to offer me :wink: .

rob

geetee

What did you buy from him then - Redline or his equiv?

I used to use a lot of Silkolene product in race prepped 2 stroke bikes many years ago - and their fully synth stuff was miles ahead of anything else at the time - the reduction in bore wear was silly. Reduced honing and rebore by a factor of 3 or 4. And smoked less and deposited virtually nothing. It was the db's

Never really come across it in the car world though.

Cheers
GeeTee 8)

O

Odin

geetee said:
What did you buy from him then - Redline or his equiv?

I used to use a lot of Silkolene product in race prepped 2 stroke bikes many years ago - and their fully synth stuff was miles ahead of anything else at the time - the reduction in bore wear was silly. Reduced honing and rebore by a factor of 3 or 4. And smoked less and deposited virtually nothing. It was the db's

Never really come across it in the car world though.

Cheers
GeeTee 8)
:roll: cant you read then :?: I said he had nothing better to offer me so I went for redline in my gearbox and Silkolene's for the engine.

Not to self from Geetee read the hole post properly :wink: :lol:

rob

geetee

Not to self from Geetee read the hole post properly
Must be the language barrier.

I read your whole post (notice the W ??)

You said you bought 25ltrs of engine oil from him - but he had nothing better than the Redline.

Doesn't actually say whether he had something equivalent that you bought - or that you got the Redline.

Now go read my hole post :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cheers
GeeTee 8)

O

Odin

vpulsar said:
I did ask him about the redline and he said it was pretty good stuff and had nothing better to offer me :wink: .

rob

I thought this made it pretty clear that I had bought redline :? .

let's face it, It's late and your a moron :shock: :lol: .

rob

geetee

let's face it, It's late and your a moron
No no no.. delivery of the message is the reponsibility of the sender.

All that says - quite clearly is that he had nothing better. END.

Not - what you bought or that he had something the same that you went for.

Why does it come to this petty bickering?? FFS I must have something better to do! :?

I guess not..... and that must go for you too.... sad fuckers.

Cheers
GeeTee 8)

A

Anonymous

Go redline!!! I have it in my gearbox for a year now and it has never been better!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
When I first got the car It would not go into first properly and was a right bastard in general!! I thought I had to get a new clutch. It was only by chance that I had to replace my reverse selctor switch for rego that I put in MT90. No regrets!!! I'm going to put shock proof light in next, supposed to be much better! 8)
http://www.modyourcar.com.au/product_info.php?cPath=14_202&products_id=2174