Gauging Interest: 2.2 GTi-R

Smo

It's breaking my heart to do this as I love the car very much but unfortunately due to a baby on the way, the Mrs and I have decided that perhaps the Pulsar isn't ideal for our current situation. For this reason I am gauging interest in my R. I don't want to sell it and will keep it should the asking price not be met.

Additional information on the car can be found in the 'Members R' section.

The car was built and mapped by Perfect Touch and achieved 395bhp and 411ft/lbs at 1.7bar boost on a Garrett GT28RS turbo. I have receipts for over £17,000 spent on the engine including turbo & ECU (excluding new gearbox), and over £24,000 in total.

Engine/Power/Drive

- Tomei SR22 Full-Counter Crank
- Tomei SR22 Forged Piston Kit
- Tomei Forged H-Beam Conrods
- Tomei SR20 Procam (272)
- Tomei SR20 Cam Gear
- Tomei SR20 Pulleys
- Tomei Titanium Top Rings
- Tomei SR20 Double Valve Springs
- Tomei Retainers
- Tomei Lifters
- Tomei Spring Sheets
- Tomei SR20 Solid Pivots
- Tomei SR20 Shims
- Tomei SR20 Valve Guides
- Tomei Head Studs
- Tomei Main Studs
- Tomei Rod Studs
- Tomei Rocker Stopper Kit
- RB26 ACL Big End Bearings
- RB26 ACL Main Bearings
- RB26 ACL Thrust Bearings
- Uprated Flywheel
- Uprated Flywheel Bolts
- Cometic Headgasket
- Head Port
- Head Polish
- Head Skim
- Head Gasflowed
- Inlet Port
- Inlet Polish
- Exhaust Manifold Port
- Exhaust Manifold Polish
- 1mm Oversize Inlet Valves
- 1mm Oversize Exhaust Valves
- 3-Way Cut Valve Seats
- Acid Dip Block
- Deck Block
- Polish & Re-Hone Bores
- Blueprint Bottom End
- Balance Bottom End
- New Gearbox
- Uprated Selector Fork
- Complete Gasket Set
- New Water Pump
- New Oil Pump
- New Timing Chain
- Uprated Pressure Plate
- AP Twin-Paddle Clutch
- B&M Short Shifter
- 4x NGK Iridium BCR8ES Plugs
- 550cc Injectors
- Garrett GT28RS Turbo
- Forge Front-Mounted Intercooler
- Bailey Oil-Catch Can
- Pro-Alloy Radiator
- Turbosmart BOV (Recirc Disconnected)
- Z32 AFM
- APEX'i Power Intake Filter
- Mongoose Turbo-Back Exhaust (5" Tail)
- 3" Decat

Management/Diagnostic/Security

- APEX'i Power FC Pro (Inc. Commander)
- APEX'i AVCR
- APEX'i EL2 2bar Boost Gauge
- GReddy Turbo Timer
- Clifford Full Closure Alarm (Proximity Inc.)
- Locking Wheel Nuts

Handling/Suspension/Wheels

- Lowered 20mm (Springs)
- Rear Suspension Strut Kit
- New Front Shocks
- Front Strut Brace
- GAB Adjustable Rear Strut Brace
- Recent 4-Wheel Alignment
- League 111 Bandit LR-01R 16" Alloys (~6kg)
- Wilwood 4-Pot Front Brake Conversion (310mm Discs)
- Yellow Stuff Pads

Interior/Exterior

- Battery Relocated (Boot)
- Stripped
- Lockwood White Dials (not fitted)
- Sound Deadening Removed
- Momo Steering Wheel
- Alloy Pedals
- De-Tango'd Front Lights
- De-Tango'd Rear Lights
- Clear Side Repeaters
- Blue Samco Silicone Hose Kit
- Stainless Fusebox Covers
- Stainless Expansion Bottle
- Auto-Folding Mirrors

The spec list is all accounted for - I will leave the receipts to talk for themselves. She still reads in KMs and the clocks are showing 168,000 however the engine rebuild is considerably younger (completed at 138,412km) having covered roughly 19,000 miles. The oil and filter are changed regularly with the last 5 as follows;

2/10/08 @ 159,716km
2/11/08 @ 160,450km
18/3/09 @ 163,696km
28/7/09 @ 166,581km
16/9/09 @ 168,132km (including rear diff, gearbox and transfer box due to uprated selector fork fitment)

I have OpieOils receipts to prove the above oil changes.

MOT - December 11th 2009
Tax - February 2010

The bodywork is not perfect by any means - there are some small rust scabs on the car and some small dings/stone chips here and there. However the car is solid.

I am interested in part exchanging for either an Evo VIII FQ300 (Black or White) UK car or Tommi Makinen Evo VI (White) running circa 380-400bhp with cash your way.

Two short videos of the car can be found below;

Blowing Smoke Rings

Launch Control

For a cash sale I am after £6,000. I will not sell it for less.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Always with the TMEs.. you sound like Andy Chan.

Good luck with it though; it's a pitty that significant others can't be convinced that a GTi-R is perfectly acceptable to travel with children in... just put the rear seats back in; they've got seatbelts and windows, what more do they need?

P

pulsarboby

:doh:not another car for sale sam (youve only had it five minutes), think youve sold more than me now lol

good luck with the sale anyways

Chris1

That really is one lovely car Sam. Just wish I had a few more pennies lol.

Hope it goes to a good home. Want so badly for it to be mine. :O)

Chris.

Lovely looking car, think you're crazy to want rid of it. Those TME must be the best car in the world the way everyone runs off to them lol.

P

pulsarboby

good man sam:thumbsup:
'old saying' those who quit get dealt shit, but those that have stay good fortune follows their way:-D

btw i just made that up:lol::lol:

Smo

Can't bring myself to do it mate. I'll hold onto her until the absolute last minute - I'd like to apologise to everyone who showed interest in the car but I've never driven anything like it, and I'm not ready to let her go!

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
It's the right decision; you'd only pine for her, then you'd buy another one... and it wouldn't be as good.

MarkTurbo

Those TME must be the best car in the world the way everyone runs off to them lol.
I wonder how many people run off and buy one then secretly regret it when they realise Evo's arent all that :lol:

I was thinking of buying one a while back and i'm glad a mate had one that i could borrow for a bit as it stopped me making a big mistake! Yeah the handling is a hell of a lot sharper but they just dull as hell to drive compared to my Sunny ;-)

stedee

guess whos got a red tme running 345hp , 32k miles???? which they need rid of cos i`m skint, btw you dont want a tme running 380 ish unless the rods have been changed then they can run 500hp with a tt s205 without a new box etc , the weak link is the ayc which should be ok at 500hp but any more you need a rs diff instead.

reply to mark turbo, are you kidding tmes are awesome mate, i can only dream of what a 500hp one is like, they are built so strong drivetrain wise and can be very reliable running such big power and i have honestly never thought mine as boring, the handling is amazing ,you dont get front end slide at all they just grip and then when you apply more power they turn in even sharper (the ayc sorts that)

dont get me wrong i like pulsars and would consider one now cos i`m skint but if i wasnt no way would i go back to a pulsar, ive heard the evos after 6s are a bit duller but i dont know from experience so i wont comment