Gauge cluster wiring....diagrams inside...help

S

Sirnixalot

I no longer have the stock engine wiring harness there fore the speedo and tach will no longer work unless they are rewired.

Speedo Problem
There are 2 wires coming from the speed sensor. And there are 3 or 4 inputs for the speedo....

Tach problem
There is a brown wire on the TEC3 that is for the Tach signal and again the stock tach has 2 or 3 inputs.

For each of the above i know one must be a ground (the number 23 in the first diagram)

Here are the pinouts and wiring diagram for the cluster.

Can anyone shed some light on this for me? If not i guess my next question would be has anyone ever wired up an Autometer electric speedometer? And do you know what resistance values our fuel level sender uses?

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
As far as I can work out from the diagram..........

Speedo
Pin 23 is a fused (10A) supply
Pin 21 is ground
Pin 20 is connected to the green wire on the speed sensor
Pin 19 is connected to the red wire on the speed sensor

Tacho
Pin 23 is fused (10A) supply
Pin 17 is ground
Pin 16 is a blue/black wire from pin2 on the eccs (assuming the numbers on the eccs diagram are the pin numbers)

Don't know if that's any help for you. :?

As for the fuel sender unit, I'll send you the page, it'll be easier :?

zia

just wire two seprate wire from speed sensor to dash or connection points.

tech3 tacho wire to pin 16.

zia

C

charlie

Speedo-

Ok- in my opinion, for the speedo. The wire labeled R from the speedo sender (presumably red?) needs to go to the connection numbered 19 on the speedo, the wire labeled G from the speedo sender (grey, green???) needs to go to the connection labeled 20 on the speedo and the connection labeled 21 on the speedo needs to be connected to the chassis of the car.

The cable labeled 23- just above the letter D is the power supply for the speedo and other gauges, switched live with ignition.

The cable that comes out under the letter R of speedometer goes to the ecu pin labeled y/g- presumably you wont need that

Tacho-

I'll read this later.... its doing my head in, rather unclear diagram cos u cant read the pin numbers