Fuel filters?

D

damien4uuk

I keep getting the same prob over and over again. My filter. after a day of driving my car starts too struggle after 4k, I know the prob is my filter because if i take it off and blow through it, then put it back on the car its fine. Thing is its brand new, and its not full of crap. Just seems to restrict the fuel flow, does anyone else have this prob? and can i get a high flow fuel filter from anywhere?

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Are you using the genuine Nissan one? I've never heard of anyone else having a similar fuel filter problem. But similar problems have been caused by the spark plugs/ afm /det/ and boost leaks

D

damien4uuk

yep using nissans one, and the prob is def filter! it just gets a little anoying keep blowing it out.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Did it do it with the old filter? If not, try another new filter. Failing that it might be something else in the fuel system making it look like the filter :?
Fuel pressure regulator? Is your fuel level low or high when this happens or can it be anywhere? Does it do this if you fill up everyday, or maybe even just take the tank filler cap off? :?

MarkTurbo

Are you sure the tank isnt full of crap :?:

I had this problem on mine, i was putting a new fuel filter on every couple of months.

I cleaned the tank out in the end and it was ok after that :wink:

D

damien4uuk

It does it on full or empty, and its done it on every filter ive had (3 in last 2 months). Tank is 100% clean, i checked it when i put walbro in. It done it befor the new pump aswell, thats why i changed it.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Have you tried cutting one of the old filters open to see if it's full of crap or still clean?

antgtir

Its not an itermitant elec fault on the pump wiring is it i.e. pump starts, stops, starts, stops?

Ant

D

damien4uuk

The pump wireing is fine theres no shorts or breaks. Ive cut all my filters open too see why and there not even discolored. It just seems strange the when ive blown through it its fine for a couple of hours or somtimes even a day.

sypher

use you pressure gauge to check the delivery pressure when poor and the blow out again, re check this will give you a yes or no to filter.

to gain access to filter do you un plug anything (wiring) if so and its engine management related, check for bad connection there

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
I don't think it's your fuel filter. You can't be getting all the duff ones and noone else is :(

Fuel pressure regulator or fuel pump maybe :?

D

damien4uuk

:lol: You just dont know how unlucy i am. :lol:
When i set my boost up to 1bar i had just blown the filter out. After a few hours of driving my boost drops to 0.5-0.7 then when i blow it out again it goes back to 1bar? :?