front window/s

leemh

Right my front window(driver side) goes down and then when i put it up it drops forward anyone know why this is.?had alook at it and all i could see was a few loose fittings so tightened up but still does it.I have to hold it so it goes back up properly..any info/part numbers required would be great.:? :? :? :sad: :sad: :sad:

cheers in advance..

MORF114

i have the same problem and am just about to go and fix mine so ill let you know what i find unless someone beats me to it!

MORF114

Check your window rubber inside the glass sliders isnt hard and brittle the one in mine on the left as you look at it from inside the car was all hard and brittle and causing my glass to stall half way up and dropping forward like you say, its as easy as taking off your door card and sticking a bit of lube down the rubber dont even have to take the door card off really i put my window down and poured some fairy liquid down the rubber nearest the mirror.

Roberts your fathers brother.

Hope that works for you mate.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
New regulator won't make much difference, well it didn't to me with my manual windows. The glass just seems to like getting stuck in the rubber.

leemh

tryed near on everything mate and now joy so i think after all these years it deserves a new one.i think the white bit thaat holds the window in the runner is shafted.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Mine had abit of play in it, but where the cable is held in the pulley snapped, so I had to change it, new one made very little difference. I think it was about £80ish for my manual one.

MORF114

The window rubber is shagged it goes all round the door down the glass window sliders and they are mostly crusty on every car of this age, the rubber will be catching on the glass on its way up and dropping forward cheaper to buy one of these than a regulator.