Front Mount rubbing oil line

C

Chi-town

i know i read a recent post about this but i cant find this...after fitting a FMIC the oil cooling line is rubbing on the FMIC how do i prevent this chaffing through the oil line?

C

Chi-town

move which? the IC or the oil lines?the IC is 100mm deep so thats not going to happen.

Keira

i think he does.

with abit of bending and jiggery pokery you should be able to get them between the intercooler and rad with no problems

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
I think you need to turn the mounting bracket back to front or upside down and this mounts the pipes nearer to the radiator. It it's still touching slightly, a little persuasive force should be enough. :wink:

J

jimmy

personnally id take it off and replace with some nice new braided Goodridge hose and hose clamp to keep it from touching again , might also consider some heat sleeving around the area where it was touching if its still quite near.

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
some crazy people just remove it all together
Yup, thats what I did and have had no problems in 4 years.

If you follow the power steering pipes from the reservoir they go straight out towards the drivers side headlight if you remove the headlight you will see the pipes are joined by rubber coupling pipes, all I did was remove the cooler (the whole front section) from these couplings and fit a 6" section of silicon pipe and two small jubilee clips too join the two ends together, hey presto, job done :wink:

C

Chris G

stevepudney said:

If you follow the power steering pipes from the reservoir they go straight out towards the drivers side headlight if you remove the headlight you will see the pipes are joined by rubber coupling pipes, all I did was remove the cooler (the whole front section) from these couplings and fit a 6" section of silicon pipe and two small jubilee clips too join the two ends together, hey presto, job done :wink:
Or use one of the rubber coupling pipes to join the two ends ;)

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
Chris G said:
stevepudney said:

Or use one of the rubber coupling pipes to join the two ends ;)
Tried that and the OEM pipe is really a little to short and it kinks over time. I only used a longer section of silicon as it's less likely to kink or split than a 12 year old piece of rubber.

C

Chris G

Ahh, I'll change the standard pipe for a silicone one when I get a chance then :D

O

Odin

I just bought myself a new type of oil cooler from ebay and mounted in front of the intercooler :wink: .

I don't agree with removeing coolers that nissan spent millions on when they designed the car in the first place :roll: :? . They must of put it there for a reason :wink: , I would of thought that removeing it would at the very least shorten the life of your powersteering pump :cry: .

If you plan on doing a few track days I'd defo be leaving some sort of cooler in place.

rob