Fouling plugs

A

Anonymous

my post about a rough idle was up recently. When its missing and you stand behind it, there seems a very strong smell of fuel from the exhaust. Was idling so bad the other day it wouldnt keep running and was sparking at every plug lead so to get it running again i had to put in an old set of cleaned up plugs. I am totally stuck and with no garage with a diagnostic machine near me any help in the right direction would be much appreciated. Is there a fuel enrichment device on the pulsars that could be making it rich/faulty? ta

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
If the plugs are fouling, you might have the wrong heat range in.
What spec (boost, etc) are you running?

Your lambda sensor could also be faulty or the MAF/plug can cause similar problems I believe.

A

Anonymous

The plugs i had in it were NGK PFR7B's which i was told are the original ones. The car was running 12 psi for a while with a bleed valve but have now put it back to the standard solenoid valve. Last time number 2 plug stopped sparking for whatever reason so have had to put yet another old plug back in. If i renew all the plugs again it would help for a while but it wouldnt solve the problem in the long run. I'le book it in a garage next time i'm away. Who do you recommend in Scotland?

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Did you close the gap up abit for the higher boost?
Were the old and new plugs the same code?
Where about's in Scotland? (There's Falkland performance in Glenrothes)

R

Rab

Fast Guy said:
Where about's in Scotland? (There's Falkland performance in Glenrothes)
EEK! The garage, Wishaw! 01698 275 789

Try Marc, he's very very very good!