Fitting Tein Pillowball topmounts

youngsyp

Guys,

I'm just about to order a set of Tein front adjustable pillowball topmounts. Are there any other parts that I will need to renew when fitting these or, are they a direct replacement for the OE topmounts I.e. all parts needed included in the kit ?

Cheers

Paul

O

Odin

I had them but had to sell them due to the fact that they lifted the ride hight of the car :cry: , I have Gabs fitted i'v now bought some cusco topmounts as these don't do the same thing 8) :wink: .

rob

warringtonjack

If you try and fit the tein topmounts with standard R suspension, i think they lift the front of the car by just less than an inch iirc. Need some coilovers, or some lowering springs at the least. :wink:

O

Odin

youngsyp said:
Rob,

So they will fit the standard R suspension fine ? And with no other parts required ?

Cheers

Paul
they fit ok fella but I think you would be better off with cusco mounts, As the gabs use the standard spring plates as well and the tein's lifted the right hight of my car a good inch or so :? :cry: .

Before buying them I'd make sure they are supposed to fit the standard shocks first, As they may have different types available :wink: .

rob

youngsyp

Rob, Warringtonjack,

I have lowering springs on the car (Chassis Dynamics i think ?!) so it won't be completely standard strut wise. I do see your point about the spring plates etc... I have had a quick look and the Cusco's look exactly the same in construction as the Teins. However, looks can be deceiving it seems !
For me, Coilovers are a waste of time and money as I just don't want to replace any part on the car with OE parts if, i can improve things with aftermarket bits !
Where did you get the Cusco's from ? I was gonna get the Teins from taka Kaira as they are quite a bit cheaper even with postage !!

Cheers

Paul

O

Odin

The tein's have this cone shaped washer underneath that is the problem, It's the only thing that I can see that can lift the ride hight like they do :cry: .

I orderd my cusco's for greenline for £133 all in for the fronts, I got these after speaking to hitec and mrgtir as he has these fitted with no problem, So I'm hopeing when there turn up in the next few day's that they will fit ok, But I can let you know if you like matey :wink: :D .

rob

O

Odin

Nad said:
Dont Cusco do adjustable one for the rear as well?

Nad
Yes they do mate, But I cant get a reply out of greenline to wether they fit standard suspesion or not :roll: .

It say's for direct coilspring on there site,And I'm thinking this may mean coilovers :? :? .

I wanted to get them too, but untill i can find out for def I wont order them.

rob

youngsyp

vpulsar said:
So I'm hopeing when there turn up in the next few day's that they will fit ok, But I can let you know if you like matey :wink: :D .

rob
Yes please chap :D . I've just sent an enquiry to Taka kaira and Greenline so, hopefully, I'll get a response from them soon !

As for the 'cone shaped spacer' that was the only difference I noticed between the two also. Hopefully, that will be it !!!

By the way, what are your experiences with Greenline parts ordering and them going through customs ? Do they put that they are 'commercial samples' on the green form :wink: ? Taka Kaira are normally very good when it comes to this !

Nad,
They do a set of rear adjustables also. Apparently, they will not work with the standard struts without some modification !!

Cheers

Paul

O

Odin

I haven't paid any tax at all so far on the stuff from greenline 8) :wink: .

rob