FITTING GAUGES !

J

Jonny H

Hi people, ive just got myself some racing gauges, for showing off mainly :wink: but the instructions on fitting arent the best in the world so i thought id ask on here. The ones that im not sure of are: the + and - on the gauge go to the dash light circuit and another wire from the gauge goes to the ignition wire? What does it mean by the dash circuit? and how do i get to the ignition wire? lol :oops: Any help appreciated.
Thanks guys :D

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
What sort of guage is it? Rev counter, oil pressure, boost guage etc?
The dash light circuit just means the ciruit that the dash board illumination lights run off, so when you put your side lights on, your guage lights up.

J

Jonny H

Their are two on the gauges as standard, the + and - for the LED lights, then there are three other connections that you have to do: A ground, an ignition wire and a 'sender' (for the water temp and oil pressure).

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
should be easy enough to do, the + needs to go to the light circuit, the - to earth. The ignition wire into the ignition circuit that is live when you turn the key and ground to earth. Then the sender wires to the senders. I take it, it's an electrical gauge not mechanical. The factory senders may not be compatable, did the gauge come with it;s own senders?

J

Jonny H

finally got them fitted, they look really smart :wink: thanks for the info guys! :D