Fault code, strange.......

S

seven

Decided to do the fault code test, 1st time it came up with '34', reset and tried again - came up with '55', did the same and agian '55' got '55 about more 5 times. Does this mean I have a fault or is all ok?

Thanks

S

seven

So can I assume everything is ok? After I reset I started the engine then repeated, again it started with 34 and then went to 55 each time!?

daz

your det sensor is buggered then. when you reset the fault code do you restart the engine again then it gives 34 again until you reset it ??? if so the ecu will not give a fault code until the engine is run again

daz

seven said:
Decided to do the fault code test, 1st time it came up with '34', reset and tried again - came up with '55', did the same and agian '55' got '55 about more 5 times. Does this mean I have a fault or is all ok?

Thanks
when you say you reset and tried again did you restart the engine in between this or just do it with the ignition on ??

S

seven

Thanks for getting back Daz,
When I try say 1st thing in the morning it comes up with 55. If I go for a drive and then try it it shows 34. If I try again (without restarting the engine) it shows 55. When I've just restarted the engine now, it goes back to 34. So I take it the det sensor is screwed? What are the other signs of this? To be honest the car does sometimes hesitate.

Thanks

S

seven

I've done a search and after reading various post it looks like the Det sensor is a b!tch to change. Is the only way to do by either dropping the engine or going in from underneath? (which people think is the more difficult route) Anyother way?

Thanks