experimental turbo

zia

this my experimental turbo too see if all that theory jargon is true or not!!!
also it,s not the turbo that i wanted to go for which was the hks3037 but was concerend with lag issues, so i chose this instead to give an idea of what works or not, with spec that i,ve chosen it should hit full boost at 3500.. 3700 rpm :wink: still waiting for the external wastegate and plumbing it all up.

zia

zia

can you guess what it is? will post exact spec once i have some first hand experience of what power it will give on 1 bar and how quick it spools up :wink:

zia

Keira

I reckon its got the innards of a turbo zet wrapped in tin foil on the exhaust side, nice and light weight, spin up easily. The compressor side is one of those sunflower windmill things you get at the seaside :wink:

Thats why you're keeping it quite cos you're to embarrassed to own up to buying a turbo zet or a sunflower windmill :shock:

Word of warning the plastic components you now have are likely to melt instantly :lol:

i've got no idea :? :?:

S

Sirnixalot

GT2450 or GT2835...what do i win?

by the way...the drain is on the wrong end :wink: :lol:

zia

i,ll have you know this quality sunflower windmill has only used the best ingredients!!! :lol:

sirnix as ever has "hit the pin on the head "as they say he win drive in the car when it done :wink: since his worn,t be running anytime soon eh nikko time to get your ass in motion and get the r running!!!

zia

M

memski

zia said:
... which was the hks3037 but was concerend with lag issues, so i chose this instead to give an idea of what works or not, with spec that i,ve chosen it should hit full boost at 3500.. 3700 rpm :wink: still waiting for the external wastegate and plumbing it all up.

zia
3037 hits full boost at around that rev range anyway, no doubt it will with the smaller trim turbo :wink:

M

memski

:roll:

It doesn't matter when it makes peak boost power imho, as it would shit all over a T28 running twice as much boost even whilst spooling up from under 3k :lol:

B

Brett G

Can I have it back once you've finished with it??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nad

memski said:
:roll:

It doesn't matter when it makes peak boost power imho, as it would s**t all over a T28 running twice as much boost even whilst spooling up from under 3k :lol:
U been drinking again :lol:

Nad

M

memski

Oh dear Nad, come back and talk to me when you've driven an R with both small and big(ish) turbos, or even when you've actually driven an R :lol:

Keira

memski said:
Oh dear Nad, come back and talk to me when you've driven an R with both small and big(ish) turbos, or even when you've actually driven an R :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Quality reply mem :wink: 8)

zia

brett yeah sure you can have it back..... i hope your good with jigsaw puzzle as it will be in a thousand pieces and you could do me service by putting it all back togeather for me ..eh :wink: :lol:

and nad i agree with memski the proof will be in doing not speculating and i bet you anything it be quicker! better! than the poxy md194 :twisted:

zia