exhaust idea

A

Anonymous

Hi guys, I saw something nice on an american:
http://www.hotrodscustomstuff.com/Davids56Chevy-10.html

I was thinking of getting a cat-replacement, and than adding a sort of valve just like on the ami.
So for normal drive, valve closed, you use the entire (stock?) exhaust, and for 1/4 mile, open the valve, and blow out the gasses as fast as possible !
thoughts/ideas ?

S

Sirnixalot

they have been around for quite some time. After a few months the valves dont seal as well. The work good though, keep the standard exhaust to keep quiet and when you want to disturb the country flip the switch and you get an open pipe.

A

Anonymous

would they work better using a standard exhaust halfway then using a full 2,5 " system ???

N

Ninja_tune_factory

if you ring option motorsport they do a kit like wat you want to do i fink its about £130 the kit .

J

J-GTi-R

Exhaust cut-outs? Hotrodding trick from way back (try the 50's). Like Nikko said, they don't seal well after a few months use. The idea is good though.

Shame the 'R is 4WD, I could have sold you a line-locker kit as well... 8)

C

caz

Me thinks this is left to the yanks. Its been around for ages coz the yanks have been street racing for ages. The get more hassle off the fuzz for there mods than we do, some s**t being illigal in some states. And besides why would you wanna muffle the sound of the goose :?:

You FREAK :D :wink:

A

Anonymous

well, the goose is only 2,5 " ...

now they were talking about a 3" system from mongoose in a topic up here somewhere, but nothing new comes from that...

A

antilag

i had one of them exausts on my skyline as standard :wink: was $hit lol