EVO 6 K&N filter

LeeSmith

I have a massive one too :eek: , K&N Filter that is!!! It was on the car when I got it and it has a lovely induction noise to it. How can I tell if it's off an EVO 6, or is standard for the R?

nickg123

How do you get it to fit around the Metal housing that holds the MAF sensor? Surely it's too big?? Do you need an adapter to bring it down to the right size?

G

gotoinstant-redline

my car has a huge k&n on it too.. not with the nice shiny metal top but still k&n.. (maybe its lighter ;) )

it has its own adapter so i think its more or less the same filter.. but i washed it and its still very dirty!

does that look the same to you lot?

L.

andygtir

forge supply the adapter. it is literally a bolt on filter, takes all of 5 minutes

the only thing i made as a bracket to hold it in place as its quite heavy and moves about too much otherwise.

A

AZ STE

That seems a lot for what seems like a K&N, if you want a good quality filter for around £65 A type C filter fits from www.quikshiftracing.co.uk if you ask them to offset the joining hole to the air flow meter by 20mm, now thats massive :shock: you dont need a support bracket as it cant go anywhere.