ebay turbos gt3076r

Gav_Kara

my mate just bought a roller bearing gt3076r for 200 brand new off ebay it came from usa in 4 days postage!!!
are these any good with them being so cheap and if they are good will they fit a r with it having 4' inlet side!!!
i thinking of a bigger turbo for my r but dont know what to go for so some advice would be nice thanks
i know i,l need a z32 or q45 bigger injectors and remap ect but dont wont to be doing internals if i can help it
cheers gav

davey red.r

:shock: :shock: who in there right mind would buy a 3076,for £200,
there a four figure turbo, for the right one, ie garret.
keep us updated about the outcome of it.

davey;-)

gtirneil

Got a link to where you bought it from and any piccies of it?

From previous posts on many a forum they are not to be trusted, would you risk putting it on your engine?

John

Make sure you video you mate when he hits boost for the first time, should make for comical viewing!

Sam_M

UNfortunately that wont last too long, I remember Adam L on here who works for Turbo Developments telling about a copy Turbo he had in once, after a couple of weeks use it still looked like new, but the shaft had more movement than a breakdancer. Its a shame people fall into that trap because of the price but its always too easy not to resist when so called bargins pop up.

Matty B

Agreed but keep us all updated on it, would be interesting to see just how long it lasts and what boost levels your friend runs it at. We should make bets on it, i reckon the first time it see's over 1.5 bar it will all get ugly. Its a shame people keep putting their hard earned cash in the pockets of these cowboys, its gonna be another unfortunate story just like the EBAY S/S manifolds me thinks.

MORF114

If you need a spacer plate made up with longer studs give us a shout i have a 28mm one for sale at the moment.

Gav_Kara

i dont need any bits cheers mate as its a mate i work with whos got the turbo not me!!!!
hes on about running at 16psi its on a volvo 5 cylinder 2300cc that hes put in a golf mk3

Matty B

thats not alot of boost for a turbo of that size buddy, you never know it might hold up if he is only gonna run 16 psi with it.

P

pulsar-gtir

The ebay turbos are for low psi diesel engines i.e 2-4 psi

davey red.r

this thread has definatly become a comedy a 3076 at 16psi:shock:
a double waste of money,buying it, then not using it for what its designed for!
get it at 1.5/1.8bar where it belongs,
if it melts it melts, surely there will be a manufacturers warrenty with it.

davey