e-manage + eo1 as much £ as power-fc ?!

CruiseGTi-R

The new e-manage ultimate is around 400 quid right, already quite a chunk of cash.

Then you need the harness at around 90 quid. So thats nearly 500 for starters.

My problem is that I also need a new boost controller. However, I want to play with the mapping myself, which means I need some way to control the emanage other than a laptop. So, the only boost controller to do it is the eo1. Thats another 500 quid.

So, for me to switch to emanage ult is around 1k :shock: .

Power FC with commander is what, £600, maybe £700?

Does this mean Greddy are starting to price themselves out of it compared to p-fc?

P

PF

You can get the blue emanage with harnesses and eo1 from the states for about £500 ish. I know its not the ultimate version of emanage but for me its cheap enough to put this ahead of a power fc on my ever growing wish list. Your right though, if you need everything (ecu, boost controller etc) the ultimate does not appear to be as good value as the power fc.

CruiseGTi-R

what hidden costs are in the pfc? e.g. Need a wideband lambda sensor to map yourself, how much are these?

What does the Pro version go for?

I suppose if need a boost controller, power fc with commander and a avcr type controller solenoid is still going to add up to 1k.

Even so, still means the latest e-manage is not the 'cheaper' solution.

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
Would need a wide band lambda for mapping what ever your solution.

The PFC is a slightly more expensive solution but its not like for like and IMO is the more professional option.

I don't know your experience in mapping but its easy to make a mistake and it might be better not to start playing unless your confident.

Cheers,
Jim

GTiR_Mic

The Emange Ult isn't isn't that dear if you get it from the right place.

In my case i was under 600 for the Emanage Ult, Harness and 660 sard injectors :wink:

Mic

ashills

mattygti-r said:
emanage ult +£300 if that
matty for once stop quoting figures like that u always do it and its not the truth
if ur gonna do it properly u need to spend 4-500 quid and get pressure sensor and harness etc and all the normal harneses
quoting a bare unit price is just lying to people
thats without the software which is another 100$ or an E01
unless you can get the whole lot for 300 quid in which case ill buy 5 off you lol

GTiR_Mic

Ash can you get the sensors for them, as I will have to use the MAF for mine but I am considering getting the map sensor for it.

Mic

mattygti-r

ashills said:
mattygti-r said:
emanage ult +£300 if that
matty for once stop quoting figures like that u always do it and its not the truth
if ur gonna do it properly u need to spend 4-500 quid and get pressure sensor and harness etc and all the normal harneses
quoting a bare unit price is just lying to people
thats without the software which is another 100$ or an E01
unless you can get the whole lot for 300 quid in which case ill buy 5 off you lol

the emanage ultimate basic unit is £300,

as ashills says , yes you need pressure sensor etc , not sure how many parts you can get which may be interchangeable from the old emange, doubt it, so yes the price tots up,

i dont know what most people use, i would have assume the emange blue is just as good depending on what your wanting it to do,

with all the wiring for the emanage blue then your prb talking about £250ish budget for that and you shoud be ok for a used unit with all the wiring,

ashills

yep i can supply the harness and pressure sensor if u need it ill sort some emanage prices out in next few days and get them all on my website which is just being finalised
another very nice thing about teh emanage ultimate is it can run without the maf sensor altogether so this is another thing we will be trying as soon as we can as will be nice to map truely on map sensor and no intake restrictions

GTiR_Mic

There is the option of running without the MAF sensor but that is where you need to buy the Greddy sensors to do so. (Im sure that is correct)

Im just looking for prices on this and if the price seems good we may have a deal.

Mic

CruiseGTi-R

This is why its so hard to choose which management now. Its practically impossible to find one place that lists everything you need and gives prices for it all.

Can't someone compile a full kit price for all the bits needed for either pfc or emanage ult?

Nor do I want to ring a tuner and ask them cos they're equally clear as mud on £, and usually add a million pounds for the fun of it.

I want to map it myself, and have utterly no experience either :shock: :shock: Risky I know, but I would rather blow a piston and learn how to map my own car than give it to a tuner (rediculous statement I know, but gotta learn sometime).

Besides, if I plumb for pfc, this forum has quite a bit on mapping it.

This isn't a rant about tuners, was supposed to be about being frustrated at never getting good price information 'all inclusive'. Its always 'its £100 for the management unit, oh, and £11,000 for the thirteen sensors you need' :D .

The whole issue of choice is now twice as difficult now that emanage ult is now much dearer than used to be. With it being able to run MAP, which prob needs another sensor and £ and especially if you start thinking about e-01 as an equivalent to the pfc commander unit (one is £500, ther other is £200) its all a bit harder to choose between the two.

For a start, I'd rather not have the e01, and spend the £500 on a £300 laptop and normal profec BII say.

ashills

as i say we are just confirming prices on alot of emanage parts etc
they will be added to our website asap
we may not be able to always equal US prices etc but we are a uk based company and will beat UK RRP prices and be able to give some sort of back up on teh products we supply