DENSO IRIDIUM SPARK PLUGS

P

Pulldog

I have just bought some denso iridium spark plugs will the gap on these be set or will i have to set them my self???
If so what gap do i need?????????????????Moved to tuning/upgrades-skiddusmarkus

antgtir

I think now they actually set the gap at factory for you, but i would still run a tester thro each one of them to make sure non of them have been hit in transit.

Im not sure what the setting is on these but if anybody does then it would defo be helpfull because i think mine are due soon to be honest lol.

Sorry i couldn't be of more help mate.

Mr GTiR

what boost levels are you running will determin the spark plug gap.

don't have the conversion table mate :(

P

Pulldog

Got them for £52 from rally nuts inc vat p&p next day delivery cheapest place i found mate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shaun

:D The gap is already set,think it say's 0.4mm on the box :!: Be very careful if you are going to adjust them as the iridium coating is only thin and might get damaged rendering a £52 set of plugs useless :!: :shock:

D

duey

i purchased some ik24s for £42 from my local motor spares!

B

beast14

got some IK22 on mine......i'd like to get IK24 but these work perfect!!.......sparkplugs.com...........and the factory has already set it and they advise that it not be re-gapped..........

youngsyp

I have the IK24 (slightly colder). Does anyone with these notice a slight misfire on light throttle (15-20%) and low revs ? Every where else in the throttle and rev range is spot on !

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
youngsyp said:
I have the IK24 (slightly colder). Does anyone with these notice a slight misfire on light throttle (15-20%) and low revs ? Every where else in the throttle and rev range is spot on !
What boost/power are you running?
It might be a cold fouling issue, try some standard plugs if you're not running too much boost and see if it cures it.

youngsyp

Thanks for the suggestion mate but, not sure the boost or power of the car are relevant at 15-20% throttle (probably less than that, really). I haven't changed my fuel filter yet so, this could be it ?! Just thought it was a bit of a coincidence as I didn't notice anything before the Denso's. It's probably just me. :D

J

J-GTi-R

Did you replace the ignition leads at the same time? If not, they might be coming apart and pulling them off when you changed the plugs would have made things worse (that has happened twice to me when checking/changing the plugs).