DENSO Iridium Power Spark Plugs

oilman

We are looking at stocking these quality spark plugs in the future.

I am interested in any opinions that forum Members here may have on them.

So, what's your opinion on them?
Are they good?
What sort of price would be attractive for a set of 4?

Thanks in advance for any feedback that you have.

Cheers
Guy

C

Crazy

Just had a set fitted this weekend when I had my GTiR serviced :D

Along with the Silkolene Oil :wink: THANKS 8)

They seem fine so far :)

Price wise I paid about £45 delivered. I will dig the receipt out when I get home later :wink:

Shaun

:D Had a set in mine for about 8-9months,i paid £38 from my local motor factors :D The only problem i had was that after normal tightening(when you have been fitting plugs since you were 9 you get a feel for it :wink: )they tended to come loose and cause overfueling :shock: This happened 4 times,each time i tightened them down a little more :shock: In the end i spoke to a mate of mine that preps rally cars and he said to tighten them as far as i dare :shock: :shock: :shock: which was all the way and a bit more,this has seemed to do the trick :wink: To be honest i wont be useing them again because of this fact :cry:

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
The denso plugs are the best performing but some people prefer the NGK that has a longer life.

You're good and competitive for oil so to stay the same on the plugs you need to look at Sub £40.

At that and from previous experience with your company I'd have a set.

Good luck,
Jim.

mattygti-r

prefer NGKs to be honest over the Denso basically ive nevered had any prbs with NGKs ive heard other peopel have prbs with the densos not on this forum thou

price sub £40

stugtir

ngk's all the way!!like said before though i think u will need to be in the 35-40 quid range to be competative :wink:

stu

A

Anonymous

Several people on the 2 owners club have had problem with the electrodes breaking off and mashing the piston crowns and head.

I no longer use Iridium plugs, a set of copper plugs changed at every oil change do just as gooda job, and only cost a couple of quid each.

T

Tommy

Iv used denso's on both my last car (200sx) and now my pulsar and have never had 1 problem with them, i get them for a good price being in the trade but i think around the £40 mark is about right.

Dooie Pop Pop

Ben said:
Several people on the 2 owners club have had problem with the electrodes breaking off and mashing the piston crowns and head.

I no longer use Iridium plugs, a set of copper plugs changed at every oil change do just as gooda job, and only cost a couple of quid each.
why would it break off :?

Dooie Pop Pop

Ben said:

why would it break off :?