de cat pipe

O

oddbodd

had a de cat pipe fitted ever since the light on the dash stayed on and when i sit in trafik the car dont want to move it acts like its goin to stall but it dont. The wire on the cat was earthed to the body.
I know most of u are going to say heat soak but it only started when the de cat pipe was fitted. So what does the wire do and is this the proplem????

Shaun

:D Hi mate,which light is it that stays on :?: :wink: And which wire was earthed off the cat as there are 2,one is actually an earth wire which bolts from the body to the flange bolt infront of the cat,and the other wire should be connected to the cat heat sensor :wink:

O

oddbodd

the light on the dash is red and got a cat with three heat lines over the cat and i dont know what wire out of the two is earthed

Shaun

:D Hi mate,did the de-cat pipe have a hole for the cat sensor :?: If not,then it might be that the wrong wire has been earthed :wink:

Mr GTiR

oddbodd said:
the light on the dash is red and got a cat with three heat lines over the cat and i dont know what wire out of the two is earthed
The sensor in the cat is a temp sensor. When the cat gets too hot the sensor picks this up and back's off the engine to save meting your cat.

When you earth the sensor on the body you are effectly telling the ECU that the cat is too hot and about to melt. Just pull the sensor through the floor pan and cover it in tape. Make sure it does not earth out on the body and it will back to normal.

C

chrislloydus

remove the passenger seat and reach under through the gap in the carpet to undo the electrical connector that connects to the sensor (its tright under the middle of the seat) Id get under the car though and check whats been done by whoever fitted it cos it sounds like they didnt know what they were doing.