Dastek Unichips

keithg

Hi people, Im new to the site, just got my R about 3 weeks ago. Must say thats its the most fun car I've had.

I just have a querry about Dastek Unichips, does anyone on here have them fitted to their Pulsars and if so what sort of power increase did you get? Are they worth the money.
Also does anyone know what sort of increase is hould get on mine's?

Here's a list of the mods my car has as far as I know:
Forge front mount intercooler.
Induction kit (brand unknown)
Full Mongoose exhaust system inc. de-cat
Helix (I think thats what it is) Organic clutch
Brand new Warlbo 255 fuel pump

Its been on the rollers a couple of rime before ranging from 230, 274 and then 280bhp all done by a company called ''Powerstation'' these were also done before I fitted the front mount and the uprated fuel pum, so Im hoping for 300+ with the front mount, fuel pump & chip.
Do you's think this is likely?

Also just to let you's know Dastek have already done the prelimary (spelling) checks on the vehicle which includes a run on the rollers but unfortunatly the fuel pump was failing at the top end of the rev range so no power figure but the boost was sitting at 1.5 bar!!!!! As you can imagine I've been driving it very slow recently hence the reason for the Warlbo.

Any info/knowladge is much appreciated.

Keith.

OZ-Racing

I don't know about the Dastek Unichip, but run a search, cos I've seen a few threads about it before.

I didn't see any mention of Forged internals in your post. 1.5 bar of boost seems a little high if you still have the standard pistons :shock: , your engine might go bang :cry:

turblio

Hi matey
I run a Dastek with a fair few mods and at just under 1.2bar had 333bhp with 325ftlb of torque and there is still room for more fueling on the chip
so set up right you should see over 300
Frank

paz

Your turbo won't be happy at 1.5 bar either, the standard (assuming it is as its not on your list) tubby runs out of puff at around 1.4 bar.

Paz

K

kizzyturbo4x4

Uncle Winnet said:
i have the same set up as you plus cams and i run 1.1bar and i kick out just over 340 bhp
What cams are that :roll: mayby ill have to... get some :lol:

hmmm

Do you still need to use a Boost Controller when you have a Unichip fitted?

Sorry if this is a bit off the topic.

T

Toady

Re: ...

hmmm said:

yes you do. 8)

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Just check your wastegate hose is connected (wastegate actuator to plenum) If it isn't that might explain the high boost. And if you engine is running out of fuel at the top end it won't be long before you blow a piston at 1.5bar, so sort the fuel pump and turn the boost down :wink:

Uncle Winnet

hmmm wrote:

yes you do.

not true i dont have a boost controller

and my cams are 264

john

hmmm

Sorry keithg. I think I dragged this one off topic. :oops:
I'll start a new post regarding Boost Controllers and Unichips.

keithg

Re: ...

hmmm said:
Sorry keithg. I think I dragged this one off topic. :oops:
I'll start a new post regarding Boost Controllers and Unichips.
Its ok mate, I was wondering the same thigs mysely anyway.

Im not running around on 1.5 bar anymore folks, as I said once I was told the fuel pump was goosed I've only used the car when I really need to and not been boosting it or taking it above 3k.

My cars going into Dastek next Tue to get it fuel pump replaced and the Unichip fitted so I'll give a little update then and let you's know the results.

Keith.

paz

From my understanding the Unichip can be programmed to run a 1 bar map, which would make John correct. Otherwise what woud be the point in fitting one :?

paz