Curborough Sprint Course Oct 28th '08

RU55 GTR

Hello,

I'm new to GTiROC and I would like to see if anyone is interested in attending a track-day at Curborough Sprint Course near Lichfield on October 28th 2008. This will be the 2nd event I've arranged at this course and probably the 5th I've attended.

The sprint course is 1km long, technical & pretty forgiving. We run the day ourselves and it cost £40 per car for the whole day! (That's 09:00 till 16:00 or 10:00 till 17:00)

For information on the track, please feel free to click the link below.

http://www.curborough.co.uk/curbcnr.htm

The event is advertised on other clubs websites and I'm expecting a good mix of modified jap and european vehicles with possible a couple of special runners!?!?

I do hope some of you can come along as it would not only be nice to have some GTiR's running along with mine, but also nice to meet some club members.

Thank you for your time and I look forward to hearing from you!

Cheers,

Russ :)

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
RU55 GTR said:
I'm new to GTiROC and I would like to see if anyone is interested in attending a track-day
RU55 GTR said:
The sprint course is 1km long, technical & pretty forgiving. We run the day ourselves and it cost £40 per car for the whole day! (That's 09:00 till 16:00 or 10:00 till 17:00)
A few questions Russ:

Is this a trackday or an organised sprint?

What are the specifications of the event?

Are there any rules and regulations to entries set out such as: classes, power out-puts, modifications etc.

If it is a sprint, how many attempts/runs would I get?

Are there any prizes for winners?

More information would be advantageous Russ as at the moment it’s not really telling me or other members a right lot!
;-)

olliecast

as andy said above. i`d be up for this.
could possibly get a few of the lads from the notts sprinting club to come aswell as another gtir

RU55 GTR

Hello, I'm glad to see the interest!! :)

The track-day is being held at Curboroough sprint course, but it is not a sprint event. Basically it's an open pit (one vehicle at a time), do around 2 to 4 laps then come off. I use it for practice, setting-up, testing and just for a good laugh. It's nothing serious at all, very relaxed.

I've been with the SXOC, GTIowners club and Astra Owners Club and always had a good time. Never had a problem with noise, our 102 dB S13 never had a problem. Anti-lag is banned, but I don't know many people running it unless they have a fully prepared rally car.

There is no catergorisation, you run what you bring. I've had from 1.2 Corsa B to especially prepared off-road rally-car (Paris to Dakar type). I've got a teaser video on YouTube which may give you an insight, so feel free to use the link below.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=mDjmb3_Bp_Q

There are limited spaces and it comes on a first come, first served basis.

I hope this has cleared things up a little?!

Cheers! :)

olliecast

sounds good to me!
i`m going to thorsby hall sprint event this sat and sunday so i`ll ask there to see if the other pulsar etc fancies it

RU55 GTR

That's great! Thank you.

To book, it's direct to me as I have already booked the circuit for the day.

I will want payment to confirm attendance or I could be seriouly out of pocket if people don't turn-up. This I would like to do via Pay-pal so that the transaction is secure and if there are any problems, we are all covered. I shall sort out the details soon and post on here.

Cheers! :)

allsmiles

i will be there, i live so close to it that i can hear the cars go round every sunday :thumbsup:

i could possibly bring my renault 5 turbo aswell as my pulsar

RU55 GTR

Right then everybody.

I need to compile a list. The track have imposed a limit on the number of cars going on track, but no limit on spectating vehicles. I have got some interest from a couple of other clubs and individuals, so got to get all parties to confirm. I'm sorry, but it's on a first-come, first-served basis and payment will be needed to confirm (payment details to be posted soon!!)

Please provisonally book your cars place by entering your forum name into the list below. Please note that if you intend to come along to spectate or ride as co-pilot, then you do not need to enter your name. Also, each car can have multiple drivers, the restriction inposed is the number or cars going on track.

Thank you in advance for your time!

0> RU55 GTR

olliecast

RU55 GTR said:
Right then everybody.

I need to compile a list. The track have imposed a limit on the number of cars going on track, but no limit on spectating vehicles. I have got some interest from a couple of other clubs and individuals, so got to get all parties to confirm. I'm sorry, but it's on a first-come, first-served basis and payment will be needed to confirm (payment details to be posted soon!!)

Please provisonally book your cars place by entering your forum name into the list below. Please note that if you intend to come along to spectate or ride as co-pilot, then you do not need to enter your name. Also, each car can have multiple drivers, the restriction inposed is the number or cars going on track.

Thank you in advance for your time!

0> RU55 GTR
both now had to pull out due to work commitments :cry:

Last edited:
S

silly-old-git

Hi Russ, Yes I would be very interested I have done a double lap sprint at Curborough back in July with Nottingham sports car club. Started sprinting this year in my standard 205 Rallye, so the practice would be good for me. I know some of the other lads from the club are interested.
Cheers
silly-old-git

RU55 GTR

Sorry for the lack of contact, I've been extremely busy with work!!! I must admit, I think I've forgotten where home is!! :lol:

We are still go if you are up for it!! I will PM you the payment details via Pay-pal and update you on the meeting times/ agenda for the day.

It looks like we are going to have a vast array of vehicles, so should be great fun and an experience too hopefully!! :)

Thank you again for your interest and I look forward to seeing you!!

Cheers! :-D

RU55 GTR

Event Cancelled

EVENT CANCELLED

Unfortunately the event has had to be cancelled. :sad:

Thank you to those of you who had shown interest or booked, I'm sorry that the event has had to be cancelled!! Those of you that have paid will be refunded over the next few days.

We hope to arrange another early-on next year, so please keep a few dates spare in your diary! I will post on here as soon as the date is confirmed. I do hope some of you can attend then. :)

I'm sorry for the cancellation, but thank you very much for your interest!

Kind regards,

Russ