clean grey rolling shell wanted

gtir bean

just thought i would see if anybody has a clean grey rolling shell with no engine etc?my arches are getting rusty so if i found a rust free shell i could just rebuild it with the bits from my car.anybody got anything?;-)

kev GTI-R

How bad are the back arches?. Is it not possible to cut out the rust and replace it with fresh metal?. I have the same problem as you and i think that is the road that i will be taking

Kev

A

AZ STE

They all do this eventually , I found it was due to the plastic trim that is fixed to the arch, its fitted via holes in the arch, the nuts on the back then rust this travels back up the thread and on hitting the hole in the arch permeates outwards into the metal. Really anoying ,metal on metal contact not good especially on the rear arches. When you come to remove the rear plastic strip youll find all the retainers shear off..

steve963

AZ STE said:
They all do this eventually , I found it was due to the plastic trim that is fixed to the arch, its fitted via holes in the arch, the nuts on the back then rust this travels back up the thread and on hitting the hole in the arch permeates outwards into the metal. Really anoying ,metal on metal contact not good especially on the rear arches. When you come to remove the rear plastic strip youll find all the retainers shear off..
lets group buy some plastic nuts:shock:

gtir bean

i probably will end up just doing that but if i got a good shell it would be easier to get it mint underneath etc that a car that gets driven every day.