Choosing the right fuel pump

G

gagge

Hello there.. our pumps are in the tank. so the best thing would be to buy a fuel pump that is meant to be fitted in the thank.
The best one I know, maybe not the absolute best a very good pump for a good price is the Walbro 255lit/h.

A

Anonymous

Hi

I bought a Walbro 255lit/hr pump but it kept blowing the 15 amp fuse in the car. Had to put back the stock pump. How do I solve this problem?

G

gagge

Hello. Never heard of that problem, are you sure youve got the right fuel pump and that that youve installed it correctly?

P

purplemonster

hi
i have sold allot of these pumps.and fitted quite a few also,and never heard of this fault ?

ROB

Hkondakci

Could someone here please click on the link below and see if this fuel pump will fit or is it any good for gtir?
Hi, that's an external pump and will not fit. Best it to use an internal when not surpasing 400hp. Bosch has a direct replacement unit the 040 for the R.

rgds
habib

E

Evil_GtiR

Does the Gtir have two fuel pumps? One which is in the tank(obviously), is there another one in the engine bay?

A

Anonymous

howieranks said:
I bought a Walbro 255lit/hr pump but it kept blowing the 15 amp fuse in the car. Had to put back the stock pump. How do I solve this problem?
did the car ever run with the walbro pump in it?
if the pump is seized,it will draw more and more current until the fuse blows :(

E

Evil_GtiR

What's the specs for the factory fuel pump? How much bhp can the factory pump handle?

A

Anonymous

Evil_GtiR said:
What's the specs for the factory fuel pump? How much bhp can the factory pump handle?
not sure of the flow rate but it begins to struggle much above 1.1bar,so say 280-300bhp approx.

C

caz

not sure of the flow rate but it begins to struggle much above 1.1bar,so say 280-300bhp approx.
OK. I'm wanting an uprated pump coz I developed a hesitation at about 4000rpm two weeks after I raised the boost to 0.9(with a Dawes device). So is it possible not all standard pumps can take 1.1. And if not what else do U think my prob could be.

A

Anonymous

caz said:
So is it possible not all standard pumps can take 1.1. And if not what else do U think my prob could be.
it could be something else but since it appeared after you upped the boost,it points to the pump.
remember,your pump could be the original so that when new it could`ve coped with 1.3 bar,after a few years and a few thou miles it might now struggle with 1.0 bar because of wear.
if you do change the pump,remember to lengthen the fuel pick up pipe while you are there :wink:

A

Anonymous

si.. said:
Bruce:

you run a bosch 044 dont you :?: does it need much modding to fit. :?:
thought it was just a straight replacement but it was a while ago :oops:
the pick up needs to be a bit longer no matter what pump you use if that`s what your getting at :wink:

Si..

i had planned on running it externally with a swirl pot but its over kill on a road car, i'd heard people say it needed modding, it obviously just the pick up as you said.