changing a cat pipe...

A

Anonymous

to a de cat?
just got a de cat form justy (cheers) for the R. currently running a mongoose system with cat pipe.

I am sure it will be louder but will it boost up quicker?
will I see any higher spikes?

I guess it will make a bit more bhp with a straight through system.
nick

gtirpulsar

Would have thought you knew the answer to this one before you posted Nick :D
Well yes the cat offers up a bit of resistance in the exhaust system. I wouldn't like to hazard a guess how many more hp it will free up top end, but with it breathing easier, you should find it spools up (negligibly) quicker. I'm always concerned about power improving upgrades so I keep my eveys planted on my aftermarket boost gauge to see if any spikes are occuring - suggest you do the same.
Since you've been wandering, a lot of the Ozzies, and now the rest of the world, have discovered that its the turbo elbow thats the most restrictive part of our exhaust system. I've now got a seperated dump pipe and have really noticed the difference. See other threads for more info.

A

Anonymous

cheers Kev.
I know the basics behind it and thought the same as you as in better breathing and better flow, hence better spool up. just wanted to get some feedback.

I am sure it will be louder and marginally quicker so that is fine.

I have got an AVCR and hks boost gauge so will keep an eye out for spikes~! or don't drive as hard....nah!

Turbo elbows are always a prob. I put the HKS ones on the 33 gtr and the diff it made was noticable! the old ones are awfully restrictive and it flowed the air so much bettter. sounded better as well.

will look into one as well for the R as a small mod but makes a diff.

JU5TY

No worries mate, always enjoy a road trip! :D

Will defo be louder once the de cat's fitted! :shock: :wink: