can u help??

LeeSmith

Hi, My gti-r has just been up powerstation for a tune up as it was over fuelling and running fairly bad. Being fair, they really did an exellent job and knew their stuff.

But, when sorting it, they told me it was over fuelling because of this connector under the bonnet - it was to do with the CAT. I really need to know where this connector is because it has started happening again.

The connector must work itself loose and give a bad connection. So I really need to fix it.

The car also stutters very quickly when bringing my foot off the accelerator slowly. Also it is using shed loads of fuel again.

For some unknown reason (even 2 power station) the power rapidly dies off at 6000RPM - Anyone know why????

Please help!!

Thanks in advance

E

Edd

not sure about connector
but the power dropping off over6k is either really bad over or under fuelling or the turbo could possibly be on its way out
is it smoking at all at high revs or when changing geaR?

J

jasegould

Sounds like the lambda sensor connection which if faulty could cause the problems that you have. Folow the exhaust back from the manifold and you will find a sensor with one or more wires coming from it, this is the lambda sensor. Dont confuse it with the CAT temp sensor that goes into the CAT under the drivers seat - but maybe check the connections on that aswell as I dont know what probs that would cause if it was faulty.

LeeSmith

Edd said:
not sure about connector
but the power dropping off over6k is either really bad over or under fuelling or the turbo could possibly be on its way out
is it smoking at all at high revs or when changing geaR?
No it doesn't smoke at high revvs or when changing gear.... power station said the fuelling is spot on and they were really impressed by it sticking to 1 bar, he said usually other cars boost tend to drop off.

LeeSmith

jasegould2002 said:
Sounds like the lambda sensor connection which if faulty could cause the problems that you have. Folow the exhaust back from the manifold and you will find a sensor with one or more wires coming from it, this is the lambda sensor. Dont confuse it with the CAT temp sensor that goes into the CAT under the drivers seat - but maybe check the connections on that aswell as I dont know what probs that would cause if it was faulty.

I'll give that a try m8 thanks :wink:

LeeSmith

yes the cat is still there - it's hitting 283.5BHP at the moment, i am getting a Decat pipe off my brother for christmas, so If jasegould2002's idea doesn't work, hopefully the decat will!!

Not that I need to take the car above 6000RPM - I don't think i have ever done it! Just at tune up.