Call me thick but HOW.....

G

greeny308

i acidentally reset all my settings on the apexi avc-r.

How do i put 0.6bar back on setting a
and 1bar on setting b.
I tried and then initialised it but both settings say 0.6bar do i have to change all the gear judge, duty etc.....
cos i haven't got a clue what they were

Also the revs on the display is different to my dash rev counter and speed is also different! can you change the kmh to mph aswell??

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
When you hit initialize it resets the AVC-R so stop doing that... :lol:

G

greeny308

ok cool..... but how do i get my settings back, i'm trying as we speak - so i aint quitting. i got the instructions but they are quite difficult to get your head round!
cheers.

J

justin666

What rishi said :wink:

You will need to set up all of the basic car settings again and graph scale etc first off. From what i can remember (car is having a new clutch so cant go check), cylinders Cyl = 4, vehicle speed pulse Spd =2 and throttle sensor type Thr = arrow pointing up

Relative1 for pressure sensor

Gear judge..

1. 120
2. 75
3. 50
4. 35
5. 25
n/s 255

After the basic settings set your low and high boost for a and b. ie settin a, boost 1.05 (1 bar ish) duty at about 40% ish.. etc..

Hope that helps a bit.. Doin it all from memory at the mo but im sure if you ask nicely someone will go have a look at theirs for you :D

J..

G

greeny308

ok - pretty please can some one check their settings for me - cheers.... i know some may differ because of modifications but to let you know what i have away from standard parts is - hks b.o.v., hks air filter, hks exhaust(awfully loud) i hate it. hks turbo timer - stage 1 turbo(whatever difference that is) and 17"konig wheels.(still dont know how to post pictures!!) thanks.....

J

justin666

Just go set up your basic setting, set "A" to 1.05 target boost and a duty of 40%. Go out for a drive and see what boost it hits. :) Get the car in 3rd or 4th gear at low revs (under 3000rpm) and floor it. This will help the AVCR set itself up and go in to self learn mode (*** on boost duty).

Basic settings for the R will pretty much be all the same on all cars, It will only really be the duty levels that will vary down to what ever mods you are runnin. But Once the unit drops in to self learn mode it should sort out all your duty levels for you.

make sure you have all your "start duty" settings (main menu) on zero % and "Gear learn" with open circles (not crossed) and it should drop into self learn pretty quick :)

J..

G

greeny308

thanks - done this and now all is cool...... cheers for help. Now all i got to do is sort out my bloody annoying high idle!!

G

greeny308

yeah!! it is a problem - You haven't seen the bloody size of the tail pipe coming out the back of me motor!! the neighbours aint too pleased but bo***cks to em....
Thats another thing too i was wondering if you might know? - there is no back box on my car - some one has modified the exhaust so that from the center box there's only say a 3" pipe from it straight to a 5" tail pipe... i can see the heat shield underneath where the back box is supposed to be horizontally positioned but guess what - NO BACK BOX!! is this standard procedure for modifying!! cos i need something that obviously is free flowing but just a bit quieter than a 767 on take off! (or shall i just attract all the attention in the world, p*ss off oap's and carry on interfering with nasa's sattelite module frequencies!!)
cheers...

J

justin666

If you look at some after market exhaust systems, ie mongoose, its made to be as straight as possible so will just run up over the rear sub frame and straight out the back :D Main advantage of this is that the air flow isnt restricted thus creating quicker spool up and a good power increase :D However, systems like these tend to be a bit shy with the silencing so you have to tolerate the noise for the performance gain :?

Few options, try to get hold of a seperate push in silencer that you can just place into the tailpipe as and when you need to knock a few DB's off (eg cooldown after run). You could rip the system off if it really bothers you or your neighbours and get something a bit quieter with a propper backbox (Trust etc) but sacrifice a few horses along the way.. Or you could just say fudge it, be a noisey bugger and have some fun scarin the pants of your fellow road users :D hhhmmmm, let me think.??? :wink:

J..

G

greeny308

yeah, fudge it! it's noisey but very free flowing so beach balls to it..... the 5"hks stays on....i aint prepared to loose any scoobie killing horsie's....