Bruntingthorpe

dannogti-r

South Wales Rep
i did a few laps there a few years ago on the french car show. i was quite supprised i didnt blow my 5 turbo up!

RU55 GTR

I live just down the road from here. It is a good venue, but some restrictions have been put in place :sad: , hence why the French Car Show moved to Rockingham. However, VW, german cars and general GTI's still have some kind of event there.

I know that one of the restrictions imposed was sound restrictions. I don't think it is so much the decibel figure, but more like the number of days they can hold large, noisey events. I believe this is what pushed the French Car Show out. It seems a strange issue, especially when it still has planes flying in and out of it (1 being the Vulcan bomber :der:) & it is an ex-RAF base.

I don't think it's the cheapest place about, but I know manufacturers conduct testing here and experience companies have super & exotic car days.

I'd definately be up for attending a day here!!! :thumbsup:

All the best! :-D

ashills

be prepared to be suprised how expensive it is i went there with the mlr but they stopped using it due to costs and restrictions

P

pulsarboby

different venue but same area in liecester is mallory park!
can anyone tell me if thats still going?
the last time i was there was around 5 years ago on bike but havent heard of any trackdays there for a long time now

P

pulsarboby

cheers well spotted!
that used to be a cheap track once £199 in may:shock: gone up in price a bit but a good track for the R i reckon

RU55 GTR

Bruntingthorpe is supposed to be expensive; shall do some digging myself.

In relation to Mallory, I'm establishing contacts at the moment and may be able to negotiate a considerably cheaper access price. :-D

Catch you later! :)