Boosting to 0.6bar only

Tony-turbo

Hi,

at the moment my car will only boost to 0.6 bar on an HKS gauge.

Ive looked through past questions and found common problems are:

A disconnected boost solenoid, it is connected, How can i test it?
Car running in safe mode?

any other ideas, i did the 1bar mod and it made no differance at all.

Cheers Tony.

Tony-turbo

Update, ive tried joining the two pipes to the solenoid and still no difference, Bang on .6 bar.

Really confused now.

Tony.

geetee

.6 bar is about what you should get if you bypass the boost solenoid altogether - i.e. run the pipe from the plenum to the actuator.

It sounds like for some reason your solenoid is not bleeding any pressure off (stuck shut).

Not sure how you'd test it, you could use a multimeter to check it is getting some kind of power, but I don't know what the readings should be.

Find someone nearby who'll let you pinch their solenoid for a test, it's a very quick job to swap it over.

Cheers
Graham

geetee

It won't be in "limp" mode if your fault code is 55 (clear). You'd know if it was anyway becuase it wouldn't rev past about 3K rpm.

"Safe" mode only happens if the ecu detects detonation whilst driving, this retards the ignition timing and stops the solenoid opening. Makes the car feel sluggish but it'll still rev out.

Worth checking all your fuses also.

Last edited:

rx jamie

i thought if you by-passed the solenoid you got 1 bar boost like on my car. im running 1.09 bar boost with a loop where the solenoid was.
could it be the det sensor or a boost leak ?

Last edited:

low612

So is there any real answer to bypassing solenoid? Does it increase boost to one bar or does limit boost to actuator preset level? It seems everyone is getting different experience from this. Maybe some should be specfic on what they did to help those in confusion. From what im reading is you just remove solenoid and have line run from intake after maf but before turbo (vaccum) and T it to the brass T . Others say just have boost refrence from plenum directly to actuator.

Last edited:

Tony-turbo

That doesnt solve my problem?

I will try the new solenoid and see if that fixes anything.

At the moment it will boost to 0.6 bar if:

*Connected correctly as per nissan diagram
*Solenoid pipes are linked
*the outlet of the solenoid connection to the inlet tract makes no difference whatsoever.

Cheers Tony.

It will give full boost if the pipe to the actuator is disconnected.