Boost

C

Chase

How can you tell what level of boost your pulsar is running on? I have the standard gauge that goes from -7 to +7, does that mean anything?:der: as far as im aware its completely standard, the import garage where i brought my gtir said it's running off 0.7 boost

Sam_M

Mine was bought at Standard boost, which read about 2 notches before the +7 on the boost gauge when on full boost. IM asuming it means about .5/.6 bar of boost which is at a guess 8/9 psi.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
The standard jap gauge reads in mmHG (millimetres of mercury) and 750mmHg is 1bar.
Standard boost should be 9-10psi which is about 5+ on the jap gauge.

C

Chase

ok thanks, another Q. The bonnet vents either side of the scoop, are they for show or should they actually be vents? i'm worried, mine seem to be for show

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
They work. If yours are blanked off, unscrew them and take the blanking plates out.
Some people have problems with water in the spark plug wells when they do that, but 3years on I haven't had a problem yet.

JIMMYBACK

simple answer is to get a after market boost gauge matey the standard one is shite...... 0.7 bar is roughly 10.6 psi which is normal.the standard one is of a japanese hmng so 7 on there is roughly one bar