boost

23simon23

Hi

I have posted on the Modifiers club. (can't up the boost).

I was wondering if you could help me on this problem I have?
Can't run more than 0.7bar boost. But before I could run 1bar.
Fast guy said I might have a broken actuator. I took my turbo off yesturday and put a new actuator on. got the car running and could only get 0.7bar on the new actuator. But 0.6bar on the old actuator.

Before I broke the gearbox, the car was running 1bar fine.
The day the gearbox went I was flooring the car hard, it was a very hot day aswell, and I just had a glance at the oil temp to see it around 110-120 *C then the boost level dropped to 0.6bar so I backed off.
Since that day I havent been able to turn the boost up. Even with the actuator hose disconnected the car wont boost more than 0.7bar now.
I have check all the hoses for leaks.
I was wondering if it could be the DET sensor? As I have been told that it doesn't always come up on the fault check. My car shows 5 long and 5 short.

Cheers Simon

F

FiXXXeR

I have the exact same problem with mine.. hose off gate nothing more than 10psi.. it doesnt have the push 10psi should either... Its really frustrating me I have a new turbo with new actuator on...I have forge pistons in mine and when cold they rattle around alot im told its possible they set the DET sensor off everytime i start it..
Therefore the car is in a limp mode all the time!!!

aftermarket cpu i think!!

geetee

If the DET sensor is being triggered by detonation or maybe in your case by rattly pistons then it won't show as an ecu error code.

What does happen though is that the ecu retards the ignition and uses the factory boost solenoid to keep the boost right down. As you have tried it with no pipe on the actuator then you can ignore the 2nd bit!

It may well be that the ignition is being so far retarded that the turbo never spools up. Could also be that your wastegate "poppet" valve has either come away and fooked off down the exhaust or is damaged and leaking - taking the outlet elbow off for a visual inspection should put your mind at rest there.

Hard to know really without datalogging the det sensor output or the ignition timing whilst driving :(

Cheers
Graham

F

FiXXXeR

maybe i should put another stock cpu in the car and see how it performs??

azboy

if drives fine on 10% throttal then when u accelerate all power is gone id say change the det sensor as this is what mine did and u turn off the engine for 5 secs and will be fine for a while m8

F

FiXXXeR

mines a slug all the time.. i pulled cpu out last night and it looked fine.. I'm thinking now the dizzy is rooted..

any other ideas?

My DET sensor is brand new not even 3,500km's old

23simon23

Every time I start my car up the engine rattles for a couple of seconds.
Might be rattly pistons?
Any Idea what this could be?
Could this be why my car is only boosting to the factory setting?
I also have A blitz Access ECU.

Cheers Simon

F

FiXXXeR

Mine was doing this before the forge piston's were put in too.. So im not sure if its the problem