Boost upgrade.

Tony-turbo

Hey sorry this is in the wrong section my paypal account is getting authenticated at the moment.

I want to uprate the boost but different people say i need to change different things, can someone give me a definitive list?

I have:
FMIC, Full mongoose, AP Clutch, HKS filter, Bailey DV26 dumpvalve getting a HKS boost controller

Whats a safe boost to raise it to with standard internals? Does it makes such a noticable difference? what do I need out of the following: Colder plugs, Walbro, Good boost gauge.....

If there is anything else please say, I want to do it properly and will probebly get it set up at hiteq (How much does that normally cost)

Thanks
Tony.

Dooie Pop Pop

uprate the fuel pump and renew the live feed/earths or you will be sorry/lose out on power.

(nearly) 15yrs old and wired by a weirdo. that pretty much sums up the R :lol:

with that lot you could run 1.2bar all day long if set up properly :p

B

Big O

wat you mean by renew the live feed/earth on wat part of the car etc

Dooie Pop Pop

and all the bits on your list. some people have got away with the old pump on lower boost setting but whats the point? :lol:

you can use standard ignition and fpr upto 500bhp (its been done)

heat range 8 plugs for sub 350bhp ngk do an iridium plug, hks s45i' s are good but dear. dont use the s40i plug they have a real bad rep :wink:

others will tell you to use cheap 8' s and change em more often...its up to you :lol:

Ian' s a very helpfull bloke and he really does know his pulsar sh1t. he' ll stock all the bits you need off the shelf probably but if your gonna fit the stuff yourself id source the pump off ebay :wink:

D

DOT2DOT

Dooie Pop Pop said:
and all the bits on your list. some people have got away with the old pump on lower boost setting but whats the point? :lol:

you can use standard ignition and fpr upto 500bhp (its been done)

heat range 8 plugs for sub 350bhp ngk do an iridium plug, hks s45i' s are good but dear. dont use the s40i plug they have a real bad rep :wink:

others will tell you to use cheap 8' s and change em more often...its up to you :lol:

Ian' s a very helpfull bloke and he really does know his pulsar log. he' ll stock all the bits you need off the shelf probably but if your gonna fit the stuff yourself id source the pump off ebay :wink:
On that note, which would you use for a grade 8 iridium plug - Denso or NGK and why?

Dooie Pop Pop

iv used the ngk and the denso with no problem but seeing as the denso range 8 (ik24?) is the same plug as the s40 with a different name on it......